[1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found' - Workaround offered.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tanall
x4

[1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found' - Workaround offered.

Post by Tanall » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 17:48

I have a salvage station in Avarice that my Manticores refuse to deliver to. They find scrap, but then sit there complaining about 'no trades found in allowed sectors'. All of the processors are empty, there is storage space available, and this is happening regardless of if there is a tide going. I have also tried to manually get the Manticores to deliver by selecting one and then right-clicking on the station. But the option to deliver scrap is grayed out with 'No trades found' displayed when you mouse over the option.

A link to my save file is provided. Is there something I am missing, or have I happened upon a bug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rmss0yz2akgm ... ml.gz?dl=0
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Lodger
x4

Re: [5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found'

Post by Lodger » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 15:05

same for me, 200 hour game now my scrap economy is trashed

12vh3
x3ap

Re: [1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found'

Post by 12vh3 » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 20:37

bug still exists in 5.10 Hotfix 2
- enough free space
- 2 of 3 scrap processor not blocked
- not enough raw scrap for processing
- enough energy cells
and all the tugs towing a wreck and cannot find a trade.......
even order them to deliver is not working (greyed out)

and writing a own script as a workarround even not working because the scrap processor -odules don't take the raw scrap from storage, its any internal crap

the whole recycling feature is garbage and worthless
don't waste you're time and credits for that

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 08:51

Instead of adding "me to" responses at least provide save games that the developers can inspect the issue.

It is my understanding that Manticore ships returning scrap to a recycling station randomly select one of the scrap processor modules, and then fixate onto that processor for several minutes. Since a scrap processor can only process 1 piece of scrap at a time this can end up in the situation of many Manticores stuck waiting for it to become free while other scrap processors at the same station are idle. Eventually they time out and might show errors like "cannot find a trade" and should in a minute or so try selecting another scrap processor to try and unload to, which again is random and might not be the one that is free. In theory with enough Manticores the statistics should average out so individual scrap processors running idle happens infrequently.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 18:26

Hello,
If someone find this post in a hope of an answer I found the workaround.

It was unlocked after I forced a storage allocation for scrap metal and played with its buy/sell offer.
Then the raw scrap became active !

timaudaniale
x4

Re: [1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found' - Workaround offered.

Post by timaudaniale » Sun, 14. May 23, 18:28

I had this issue just now. What worked for me was to quicksave, then quickload.

Now, when telling the Manticore to salvage the wreck it was carrying (by right-clicking on the wreck and "collect salvage"), it actually went to deliver it again.

Edit: On the map, it looked like the ship made a failed pass. Then I teleported on board and watched it make another pass in F2 mode (3rd person view of the ship). This time it delivered it as intended and the wreck was accepted.

Edit 2: eh, it still only works some of the time, and when it does work, it breaks again quickly.
I took control of one of the manticores that was unable to deliver the wreck, and when I flew it in manually it all worked fine... so I guess we still can't count on salvage.
Last edited by timaudaniale on Sun, 14. May 23, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found' - Workaround offered.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. May 23, 20:15

Old thread and game version. Please start your own thread and supply the information requested in the Sticky at the top of the forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”