5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking - Fixed in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sentenced-1989
x4

5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking - Fixed in a future build

Post by sentenced-1989 » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 03:44

Version and language: 5.0 (hotfix 2)
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods: No mods
Game start being played. Custom start

Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
Not able to unlock "The Freest of Markets". No matter what I do, I always get the message that leads to "Market Regulation". I've build a station in Averice with 5 storages so that station wants to buy 5000 protectyon as part of build defense mission, this shoot up the price to 27.499, but even selling at this price didn't unlock the achievement. I've then tried hacking trade terminal in engineering, this lead to price being 27.999 which is above maximum price that you can usually sell, still got the wrong outcome.

Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred. Not related

Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files.
Save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zf1cDO ... sp=sharing
There are 2 stations, PHQ and trade station. Trade station has Astrid which after loading the game already has 4 trades lined up with protection with defense station in Averice. Trade will happen inside first 20-30 seconds, so pause the game and cancel the orders if you don't want it to proceed.

Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo
Not related

sentenced-1989
x4

Re: 5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking

Post by sentenced-1989 » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 11:57

Anybody else having same issue?

AdrianH
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking - Fixed in a future build

Post by AdrianH » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 15:17

Hi sentenced-1989,

thank you for the detailed report! I was able to track down what was going wrong, and fix the issue. The fix will be included in a future build, at which point you have to sell Protectyon for above average price twice to trigger the achievement.

Thanks again,

Adrian

sentenced-1989
x4

Post by sentenced-1989 » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 14:08

is this included in HF 4?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 14:56

No, HF4 was just a localisation update. The last release with additional fixes was HF3, which was before the problem was fixed. The fix should be in the next update.

sentenced-1989
x4

Post by sentenced-1989 » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 17:54

It unlocked!

However, please note that this is not "fully fixed"

I was only able to unlock it by setting my station with Protectyon to sell only to myself for maximum price, then ordering a ship to trade with station and pick some up. Just transfering from the station counts as lowest price?
So basically, this achivement should not count player to player transactions as progress

Gameplay that got this:
Pick up Astrid
Pick up protectyon in space
Drop the protectyon into my station
Create sale order, only my own faction allowed, set maximum price
Order Astrid to buy few units it 4 times in a row
Achievement unlocked

DanKara
x4

Re: 5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking - not fixed in 5.10

Post by DanKara » Fri, 8. Apr 22, 07:42

sentenced-1989 wrote:
Thu, 7. Apr 22, 17:54
I was only able to unlock it by setting my station with Protectyon to sell only to myself for maximum price, then ordering a ship to trade with station and pick some up.
That didn't work for me (5.10, vanilla, SV/Rael-start).

Though it did not unlock either, when I sold 5x Protectyon for 27.500 (correct prize now after patch) to a RIP-Station, neither remote nor manually.

Edit: Third variant. Since the update to 5.10 Tidebreak doesn't have plenty of Protectyon anylonger. Bought the remainder - sold back for 27.500 per unit. Still the achievement 'Freest of Market' is not unlocking.

Edit 2: Well it seems the trade offer from NPC-stations is still capped at 27.499 (thus not the max) as seen on the map (https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false. I dont understand this, because the actual trade menu shows 27.500 and the NPC-stations pays 27.500?

Edit 3: By now, RIP-Raleigh's even come to me and bought Protectyon (25 x 27.500= 687.500) multiple times.
Last edited by DanKara on Sat, 9. Apr 22, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.

DanKara
x4

Re: 5.0 BUG The Freest of Markets not unlocking - not fixed in 5.10

Post by DanKara » Sat, 9. Apr 22, 09:51

AdrianH wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 15:17
at which point you have to sell Protectyon for above average price twice to trigger the achievement.
Is that realy true? By now I have actively sold, sold passively through my station-controlled RALEIGHs and even to RIP-RALEIGHs Protectyon for max 27.500 (at times 27.499) many times. If only two sales above 25.000 were required, this achievement should have already unlocked for me...

Another weird thing
I'm docked in an ASTRID (with 430 Protectyon on board) at Tidebreak-station, which wants to buy 4.964 Protectyon and offers a Buy-price of 27.500 (this time the same from the map and trade menu) but as soon as I move the slider in the trade menu the price gets reduced to 27.499 per unit. In the end I lost profit :evil: (ah ... no, only my inner Teladi is screaming :mrgreen: ). Here is my save pre-trade: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... ml.gz.html
(5.10, vanilla, SV-gamestart at 3.0)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”