Unreliable Launch

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HDSpiele

Stuck after launching the game

Post by HDSpiele » Thu, 27. May 21, 22:04

I just bought the game a few hours ago and when I tried to start it the game launches I get to the egosoft animation and than it get stuck in a what I assume to be a splash screen with a large X4 Logo on it music is playing but I have waited for about 20 minutes and nothing changes music still plays but I am stuck in that screen. I have tried to disable overlays, start as admin and I tried to verify the game files nothing has helped so far.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stuck after launching the game

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. May 21, 22:08

You will have to tell us a bit more about your system if we are to help you properly. (Link to Tech Sp 'Read this before posting' Sticky thread.)

A link to an uploaded DxDiag would be a great start as it will tell us a bit about your system and some of the issues you are having with the game. Just upload the DxDiag text file to a reputable fileshare site and post the shared link to download it in a post here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

HDSpiele

Post by HDSpiele » Thu, 27. May 21, 22:41

Here is the DxDiag file that was requested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4xwueow2xd40 ... g.txt?dl=0
and here is the Vulcan file that was requested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmlro7ngy4rxu ... o.txt?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 28. May 21, 11:49

Thanks. The DxDiag shows that your Nvidia graphics driver (and hence Vulkan) can be updated and that you have several different sound devices and drivers (Nividia, Microsoft, Razer, THX, etc) all operating at the same time and including a generic Microsoft default one for your Realtek onboard sound chipset. If you use onboard sound then get and install Realtek Audio Codec R2.82 from the Realtek update site.

Disable any sound devices and drivers that you do not use (I would do this after updating the graphics driver and maybe installing the Realtek driver as appropriate) in Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices. Right-click on a device in the list for a disable/enable pop-up. This is all quite safe and reversible.

Looking at your Windows Error Reporting at the end of the DxDiag, you are having issues with running Steam, Opera, THX, gamemanager and a serious sound driver issue with a ntdll.dll issue.

Hopefully a driver clean up and update may help. Good luck.

HDSpiele

Post by HDSpiele » Fri, 28. May 21, 18:52

i have updated my graphics driver and disabled all the audio drivers that are currently not in use but non of that really helped and I have no idea how to resolve those errors you mentioned as even after the steps that I listed before they still persist.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 28. May 21, 22:41

OK, that's a shame but it was worth doing anyway to make your system more stable in general.

Try excluding the Steam and X4 exe files and the X4 game folder from your anti-virus or other protection tool checks in case it is being a bit hard on X4 and stopping it as a false-positive detection.

If that does not help then I suggest that you try a clean uninstall of the X4 gamefiles (use the Steam delete local files function for X4 and then manually delete the Steam X4 game folder (only) to remove any remaining corrupt gamefiles that could not be removed normally - do NOT delete any other part of Steam !!!) and then do a fresh installation of the game. The Steam verify tool is not 100% effective at detecting corrupted files. I hope that works for you as it is a bit of a nuisance to have to do.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 28. May 21, 23:07

Another thing that might be worth trying is going into the config.xml file in your Documents/Egosoft/X4/{your steam id} folder and changing the line that probably says "<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>" to "<fullscreen>false</fullscreen>" (if there's no such line at all then you can just add it). The reason for doing this is that there may be a hidden pop-up window giving an error message or asking a question, which may be rather hard to access when the game is in fullscreen mode.

HDSpiele

Unreliable Launch

Post by HDSpiele » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 15:47

I am a pretty new player and the game just tends to not launch what I mean by that is that it maybe gets to a menu once in 20 times. Meaning theoretically it does launch sometimes just not every time and not even close to half the time.

What will happen is I click launch either through Compatibility trouble-shooter, through run as admin or through steam btw this changes nothing. It will take a bit to load to a black screen than the black screen vanishes I can see my desktop and windows shows the loading circle now if it launches the circle is there for a hot second and the game launches proper if it doesn't launch the circle is there forever till I shut down the game through task manager as nothing else shuts down the game completely.

Since anybody helping me will need a DxDiag here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nr4abzhhudfc ... g.txt?dl=0

I really want to enjoy this game but siting there an hour trying to launch the game is not fun so I would be grateful for any help.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unreliable Launch

Post by CBJ » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 16:01

I've merged this with your previous thread. Did you try what I suggested in the last post?

HDSpiele

Post by HDSpiele » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 16:41

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 16:01
I've merged this with your previous thread. Did you try what I suggested in the last post?
Yes I did and it worked back than. I have not played since than since other games where more important and now upgraded to Win 11 maybe that is a problem? I really do not know.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 16:49

We have seen a few problems reported with Windows 11, which is one of the reasons why we've not officially added it to the list of supported OSes yet.

One suggestion is that you could try updating your sound drivers, and maybe removing the ones associated with your graphics card since they seem to be a different version to the rest of the drivers used for that card.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”