Bug - Resource probe FTL and AI not collecting

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Caribou89
x4

Bug - Resource probe FTL and AI not collecting

Post by Caribou89 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:47

I ran into an interesting bug where I dropped off a resource probe while at speed and it continued to fly away for some time before I noticed. When I did notice I was unable to catch up to it as it was thrown at speeds greater than my fastest ship. So I saved the game, quit and reloaded. The probe then slowed to a halt and I sent an AI to collect it. The AI however refuses to pick it up and will instead fly away from it. So now I have to grab it manually.

I have a video showing how far it made it and that it can't be collected. I forgot to record it as it was zipping away at ludicrous speed though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x739rtXZ9H4

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bug - Resource probe FTL and AI not collecting

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:53

Yes, there are several reports of Nav Beacons and Resource Probes suddenly taking off at high speed while the player is IS. The devs need a link to a vanilla save made just before the drop that reliably replicates the problem, if you have one.

If you do send an NPC to collect it, they will go to and successfully do so from where the deployable was dropped/supposed to be and not where it is now. That may explain why the ship seemed to be going in the opposite direction. Alternatively you can just deactivate the probe from your Property screen and forget about it as it will eventually disappear/despawn.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Caribou89
x4

Post by Caribou89 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:03

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:53
The devs need a link to a vanilla save made just before the drop that reliably replicates the problem, if you have one.
Dangit I don't have that available. Oh well. If it's true the beacon will go away on its own then I'll leave it. Just weird seeing a giant map for one probe haha.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:06

Deactivate it remotely and the map returns to normal.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”