[5.0] General Feedback to Devs

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cheetah2003
x4

[5.0] General Feedback to Devs

Post by cheetah2003 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 02:58

I'm rather disappointed that several bugs I've previously reported remain untouched in the public beta.

It seems like it would be a good idea to tackle existing bugs before adding additional content.

Here's a list of the bugs I've seen in 5.00 Beta (469551)

1. When using CTRL-H to toggle the cockpit overlay, the ship is also hidden when using external camera.
2. When you have the cockpit overlay turned off, using the long range scanner doesn't display the charge effect.
3. When you have the cockpit overlay turned off, the cockpit's elements still obscure light sources such as stars as if the overlay was on.
4. Occasionally, the Player Information menu will become unaccessable. Saving and reloading remedies this situation. No known way to reproduce this reliably. But it still happens, and it happening again is why I'm here posting this.
5. [NEW] Exploit: If you successfully unlock a lockbox in space, collect the drops, then teleport to another sector, then teleport back to the ship, the lockbox will be reset to locked again and can be unlocked and collected again. You can do this infinite amount of times by teleporting back and forth.

Good luck chasing these bugs. I sincerely hope you'll focus on correcting existing bugs before releasing more paid content.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.0] General Feedback to Devs

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 10:10

Your point 5 is not at all new to the 5.00 beta. Since this all relates to a listing of existing release version issues and these are not mentioned as fixed or changed in the 5.00 beta changelog, it can go to the main Tech Sp forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 18:59

Yeah, I've had problems with the player information page becoming inaccessible. Shift + I will not bring up the inventory list, and from the map, the player information button will not work. I've had this happen in 5.0, and just now it happened for the first time in 5.10.

Saving and reloading fixes the bug for me as well.
No glory for you!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 20:20

Issue reports will not be seen by the right devs if added to a thread with a vague title and an old version.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”