[4.20] Xenon destroyers are stuck to attack senseless targets

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

[4.20] Xenon destroyers are stuck to attack senseless targets

Post by WoodyAut » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 15:17

Hi,

I want to provocate a Xenon I to attack me (and in followup to attack a station), but the I is stuck to attack a stations security ship.
No matter how much i am shooting the at the I - it don't want to attack me, but still wants to attack this masstraffic ship.
Anyway this class of ships should be ignored by a destroyer....
Save at https://gofile.io/d/0gLgXR

Best regards
WoodyAut

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.20] Xenon destroyers are stuck to attack senseless targets

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 16:47

There is currently an issue you posted in for 4.20 where some very small station ships can turn out to be invincible (a fix is promised), so it may be that the Xenon I is indeed currently stuck with that target as you say. The issue with the bugged target ship might even explain your other issue if the two were coincident.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 17:06

Hi Alan,

In this case the masstraffic ship was even out of sight (or at least out of my radar), so i would say these are two different cases.
In my opionion a destroyer should not target each mass traffic ship one by one (in this case a few of them in the sector them even switched to "explore mode"), it should target at least defense drones or higher.
And in case i am nailing the ships with needles (with a moreya i can't do more...) after some time it should switch to me, but the I still sticks to the security ship.

Best regards
WoodyAut

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 17:14

Hi,

Just to clarify - in the "nil" post it looked like the I was target switching to me....but the name of my ship could not be resolved...i scanned the I a while ago, so i saw its commands
btw. - For the nil-post i can provide in the meanwhile a save.

Best regards
WoodyAut

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”