Removed from Carrier fighters not auto repairing.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dmk
x4

Removed from Carrier fighters not auto repairing.

Post by dmk » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 15:59

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 15:18
Fixed.
is repair only fixed or rearming (torpedo/missiles) refilling too?
p.s. AUX ship was ok(with some issues but at least health is auto restored) with repair but never rearms his fighters, even in Resupply Fleet behavior.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1538]Carrier fighters not auto repairing - Fix in a future build.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 16:59

The devs won't know without a save as requested in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:37

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 16:59
The devs won't know without a save as requested in this thread.
Person who did writing the code should at least know what exactly he did write i.e. did he only changed repair, or rearm too.
that's what i am asking, if rearming was not changed at all (as AUX ship repairs mostly works) then torpedo/missiles rearm still (does not) works as without this changes.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 09:39

dmk wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:37
Person who did writing the code should at least know what exactly he did write i.e. did he only changed repair, or rearm too.
that's what i am asking, if rearming was not changed at all (as AUX ship repairs mostly works) then torpedo/missiles rearm still (does not) works as without this changes.
I was the person who wrote that code, and the fix had to do with neither. The failure to repair was a symptom of the issue. The fix may also address the issue that you are seeing, but I can't tell without looking at a save that reproduces the particular case that you're seeing.

I can also guess and spout nonsense to reassure you. We don't do that here.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 10:48

j.harshaw wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 09:39
dmk wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:37
I was the person who wrote that code, and the fix had to do with neither. The failure to repair was a symptom of the issue. The fix may also address the issue that you are seeing, but I can't tell without looking at a save that reproduces the particular case that you're seeing.

I can also guess and spout nonsense to reassure you. We don't do that here.
thanks for answer, short answer that only repair issues was fixed would be enough.
i think rearming is not changed in any way.

p.s. sorry for offtopic question can we have small (two sectors(both has at least one player landable station& teleport allowed) , with shipyards & trading station full with materials of all non dlc factions) universe which can (without other mods) with custom start count as vanilla,
(and with traders with seminars up to 5 stars, to exclude stars influence on supposed bugs).
for non plot/balance related issues.
i.e. to start it (Fast as it is very small) with selected(custom) start conditions (i.e. ship & money to buy other) and test issue and post save with issue?
that would save also time for you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Removed from [1538]Carrier fighters not auto repairing.

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 12:34

Please do not go off topic in others' Tech Sp threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”