4.20 (465891) - Stimulant Complex always sets price to lowest possible.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DarkTemplar
x3tc

4.20 (465891) - Stimulant Complex always sets price to lowest possible.

Post by DarkTemplar » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 05:37

- 4.20 (465891), English.
- Game is Unmodified.
- Start is Terran Cadet.
- Place this is happening is Gaian Prophecy.

After talking to a few forum on the forum we've come to the tentative conclusion that this might be a bug/unintended behavior. Any and all solutions we could think of have failed. (Decreasing/Increasing storage, fiddling with sell all but X, etc.)

Basically what is happening here is that the moment the sale of Stimulants is set to "Automatic Pricing" it will without fail, always, set them to absolute rock bottom prices i.e 153. This is in spite of both PIO Trade Stations buying them en masse for 281. An unlocked Black Marketer on virtually every PIO station, and AI ships buying them at fixed 280 price. To the point where production doesn't keep up even remotely with demand.

I would've kind of expected the manager to slowly adjust the price to be in line with total stock and demand. Which doesn't appear to be happening here. If I wasn't sourcing my own resources, I would actually be running a negative here.

https://i.imgur.com/52T2oJ7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/k6jsc65.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.20 (465891) - Stimulant Complex always sets price to lowest possible.

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:20

Have similar issue with large scale computronic substrate and people have reported similar issues with other wares with huge storage amounts over on discord. I suspect there is some arithmetic overflow occurring with how the automatic sell price is calculated when storage amounts, volumes or even value is too high.

In my computronic substrate case it starts out at high price then after 1-2 production cycles drops below average. Before it even reaches 1k units in storage it hits minimum price despite the facility having space for well over 30k units and supply not keeping up. As I expanded the factory the problem became worse, which is where my theory above comes from. Last confirmed in 4.10 though as I have fixed prices, similar to topic creator, to get around this but I do not recall anything in the 4.20 notes addressing this.

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Post by DarkTemplar » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 10:26

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:20
Have similar issue with large scale computronic substrate and people have reported similar issues with other wares with huge storage amounts over on discord. I suspect there is some arithmetic overflow occurring with how the automatic sell price is calculated when storage amounts, volumes or even value is too high.

In my computronic substrate case it starts out at high price then after 1-2 production cycles drops below average. Before it even reaches 1k units in storage it hits minimum price despite the facility having space for well over 30k units and supply not keeping up. As I expanded the factory the problem became worse, which is where my theory above comes from. Last confirmed in 4.10 though as I have fixed prices, similar to topic creator, to get around this but I do not recall anything in the 4.20 notes addressing this.
I actually tried limiting available storage space for the goods in question. That doesn't appear to have any impact on it. So if it's storage related, that doesn't fix it.

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:08

Same for me. Also buy price at trade station is also always at the lowest price no matter how high is the demand vs what they have in storage.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 23:38

As with pretty much all such reports, we can't investigate what's happening in your game from just a picture. We need a savegame so that we can see why things are happening.

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Post by DarkTemplar » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 10:45

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 23:38
As with pretty much all such reports, we can't investigate what's happening in your game from just a picture. We need a savegame so that we can see why things are happening.
Ah, didn't see this response until now. I uploaded the a save here https://easyupload.io/t1ex97 . If you guys want it uploaded somewhere else please tell me. The station in question is the Gaian Prophecy Pharmaceutical Goods Factory, the ware in question Stimulants.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”