Teladi quest disappeared

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nooneknowzzz

Teladi quest disappeared

Post by nooneknowzzz » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 14:39

Hey there, I have a problem with my savefile and a disappeared quest. I just wanted to level teladi and am at +17rep - I started the offered missions and suddenly they disappear.
I only modded with a mod that allows me to buy pilot seminars and a little bit of credit at the beginning, but nothing extra.

I don't know why or how the missions disappeared, but the mod was in use since the beginning and not while playing the last few hours. I also attached the savefile with a nextcloud link https://mail.jones-kehl.de/cloud/index. ... 6mKRWMq7P8
Also I read a lot of threads about editing the xml in the savefile, but this didn''t help.

Can you help me with this?
Thank you very much :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Teladi quest disappeared

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 15:27

Given that it is a modded gamesave, and that you have been messing with the xml in it, I doubt that that the devs will much want to spend time on it.

Are you positive that the missions have disappeared and not that they are just no longer active? Check in mission manager in-game if you haven't already done so. The only other explanations that I can think of is that they were timed missions and timed out, or that some perhaps critical part of the mission chain such as a ship or station, etc has been destroyed by somebody else.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nooneknowzzz

Post by nooneknowzzz » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 15:32

It was'n any normal mission - I had several quests directly from the factions leader, after reaching +10 at teladi. At the quest state, where I have to scan a spaceship with "Hüllenteile" I finished the state and after that they were gone. But I cannot buy the licence at the faction leader so that I can get the nemesis.
I have reached the rank, but it tells me, that I have to the a quest for the "Zeremonie". But there is no quest in the mission manager

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 15:47

Ah, look in your *messages* (not just the player journal) in the personal tab for anything showing as yellow (unread). You may have to click on different message priority type tabs at the top left to get the ones you want. That should at least tell you what is going on although you would normally also have active guidance to the representative.

Sometimes faction representatives' stations get destroyed or their relevant docks damaged by hostiles. When that happens, you may have to wait for the representative's station to respawn elsewhere, or for the relevant dock to be repaired. It is possible that the devs could check the save file to see if any of this applies, but they don't often like spending time on modded/edited saves as it can turn out to waste their time over a non-gamecode issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”