Registering games

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NicolasFaser
x4

Registering games

Post by NicolasFaser » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 15:50

Hello. I bought a game on the GOG website, how can I register it so that I can play online multiplayer? In the settings of your personal account, there is only steam registration.
https://a.radikal.ru/a22/2201/a2/15cb43bcc246.png

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Registering games

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 16:51

Online mode is not enabled at the moment (and it's not exactly "online multiplayer" anyway) so you're not missing out on anything at the moment.

Instruction on how to register are here, however, for when the online gameplay feature is re-enabled.

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 13:23

I also have an issue with registration but my case is a little different. I used to run on another steam account and some of my other X games are on that account. I can't link two steam accounts in the "register game" section of the board and I don't see how I can extract the "CD Key" for these (X3AP, XR) older titles. Any suggestions?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 14:11

@ Jar B: Send a PM to CBJ (don't post it in open forum) in which you give the details of the two Steam accounts used (Steam ID numbers, usernames and e-mail addresses used for each) and also for your Egosoft accounts if there were any differences there too. Make sure that you make clear which accounts/usernames you wish to keep as the other(s) may be lost after the transfer. This process will also ensure that CBJ knows that the ownership transfer is genuine.

CBJ will help if he can, but if he needs you to involve Steam directly then at least you will have all the information ready. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”