Budgeted Start options have completely reset? (fixed)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sim787
x4

Budgeted Start options have completely reset? (fixed)

Post by sim787 » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 14:38

Have been building up my save file for the past few weeks, trying to complete the plots so i can set the universe how i'd like in a budgeted start.

Everything was going fine, Cash Budget was up to 80-90m or so, with comparable budgets for Knowledge, Staff etc, I completed Terran and HAT plots, nearly finished with Split and just starting Paranid.
I thought i'd check in on how far off the 130m cash limit i was and now everything has reset to defaults? Including all the plots and the ones I have completed, what gives?

No mods, no modified saves at all, have tried reloading some older saves but no change, even the PHQ plot is marked as not even started.

Pic:
https://ibb.co/7Y9LHrg
Last edited by sim787 on Sun, 9. Jan 22, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Budgeted Start options have completely reset?

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 05:01

Possibly something corrupted the documents file that stores the custom start progress. If you backup your documents folder to the cloud you might be able to restore it from there.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 05:16

The file that stores the data is in your Egosoft\X4 folder. If for any reason the folder is moved, renamed or deleted you loose all the progress you've made.
For Windows c:\users\username\games\Egosoft\X4
For Linux ~\.config\.Egosoft\X4

sim787
x4

Post by sim787 » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 10:49

That folder hasn't been removed or anything but one thing i did change was disabling the Steam Cloud saves temporarily as i was in an area with bad internet.
Could that have reset everything? I've since re-enabled it but no change to the Budget screen.

Pic of the folder: https://ibb.co/9hhxVkG

sim787
x4

Post by sim787 » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 11:56

One thing i have noticed is that the userdata.xml is last modified on the 28th December, i had a look inside and a lot of the info in here is out of date from what's live in my last savegame.

I deleted the file but on launch it just gets recreated with all the same stats from the 28th, maybe something happened on this date to cause this?

sim787
x4

Post by sim787 » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 12:32

For anyone else running into this issue i have managed to get this fixed, pretty much what Imperial Good suggested:

Ensured that i had a good backup of my save files, Steam had a current version.

Renamed the whole User ID folder in MyDocs: C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Egosoft\X4\YourID

Opened X4 In steam, which prompted it to recreated the folder from scratch and download all the saves and configs again, i play with uncompressed saves so this took a few moments.
Once in the budgeted starts had not reappeared until i had gone into my save, saved it and quit out to main menu, at which point it was all good :)

https://ibb.co/dDLBtPF

I think the cause of this is when i stopped the steam cloud sync, it had hung the game up on exit on a really bad internet connection so i forcibly ended the task and it must have corrupted something locally.

SuperGhros

Re: Budgeted Start options have completely reset? (fixed)

Post by SuperGhros » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 11:40

Hi, I also have this issue, and i have had cloud saves disabled for a very long time for X4. Reloading old saves will NOT reset the custom start budget. I can not import gamestarts i created previously due to the reset budget. I will try renaming the userdata to see if it fixes it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”