AI Missile usage behavior problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

abc0000

AI Missile usage behavior problem

Post by abc0000 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 21:15

Why fighters don't use missiles against other fighters?
Recently, I have been testing missile fighters with two lancers with light smart missiles and one weapon in fighter-fighter combat.
there were 20 fighters against 30, my fighters fire only a few missiles, mostly fairing from the main gun.

Why fighters can't do *Bombing run* with dumbfire missiles on big targets?

i tested Himera fighters in bomber role with 3 dumbfire launcher and 2 guns. 5 of them attacking enemy L destroyer. all fight they was flying around it, and shot only 3 missile before dead ....
5 fighters with 3 lunchers each shoot only 3 missile.... WTF?

Why missile turrets spam a lot of missiles to only one S target, why they cant shoot a couple of missiles that summary dammage equal to x1 - 1.2 of targets total HP then wait for result or change target?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: AI Missile usage behavior problem

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 22:23

.. and *why* didn't you mention that you are using the major 3rd party VRO mod that also changes the parameters of missiles, weapons and turrets? :D Thread title amended.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 22:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 22:23
.. and *why* didn't you mention that you are using the major 3rd party VRO mod that also changes the parameters of missiles, weapons and turrets? :D Thread title amended.
Test was made in vanilla without any mods, and in VRO same situation, so the thread title was right

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: AI Missile usage behavior problem - VRO mod.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 00:28

You didn't provide any of the information requested at the top of the forum, and then reported a moderator for pointing out that you didn't mention that your game was modified. Do you actually want Tech Support or is this just a rant?

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 00:44

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 00:28
You didn't provide any of the information requested at the top of the forum, and then reported a moderator for pointing out that you didn't mention that your game was modified. Do you actually want Tech Support or is this just a rant?
English is not my main language, maybe I don't understand what you want to say.

I created a thread in which I complained about the incorrect work of AI in the use of missiles by fighters.
I got this problem in the vanilla version without a single mod.

And the moderator, for some reason, renamed the topic.

I described the problem, fighters do not shoot missiles into fighters, and cannot normally use unguided missiles against large ships.

What have I done wrong?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 06:44

abc0000 wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 00:44
CBJ wrote:

I created a thread in which I complained about the incorrect work of AI in the use of missiles by fighters.

I described the problem, fighters do not shoot missiles into fighters, and cannot normally use unguided missiles against large ships.

What have I done wrong?
Maybe set up a situation in an unmodified game and post the save game here where you expect to see proper usage of missiles, but they are not behaving in the expected manner

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:00

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 06:44
abc0000 wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 00:44
CBJ wrote:

What have I done wrong?
Maybe set up a situation in an unmodified game and post the save game here where you expect to see proper usage of missiles, but they are not behaving in the expected manner
I tested in a custom game start, took a group of 20 fighters, start sector was Argon Prime, armed them with missiles, and ordered them to attack the Argon fighters, during the battle I watched their ammunition, 3 fighters spent several missiles, and then most likely on M targets.

By the way, M ships shoot missiles at fighters without problems.

I also have questions about the logic of using rockets, if there are several types of them, as I understand it, the AI ​​does not know how to choose which rockets are best to shoot.

Now I have the opinion that it makes sense for fighters to give only torpedoes, and use them as bombers, other types of missiles do not work on them.

M ships perform well with 1 launcher against fighters, but mindlessly spam with missiles

for large ships use no more than 4 rocket turrets , as they mindlessly waste ammunition,
and only use 1 type of rockets, since the AI ​​cannot choose which rockets to fire

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:38

I have reverted the thread title to original. What you did wrong was to report the exact same issue both here and in the VRO mod thread at about the same time yet without giving any information about your game in this case being vanilla.

Just for information, additional gameplay questions and suggestions belong in the main X4 forum and not here in Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”