[4.20] BUG - the game freezes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alessandrofavero
x4

[4.20] BUG - the game freezes

Post by alessandrofavero » Thu, 6. Jan 22, 15:03

translated with Google

Starting from the save, after a few seconds (about 10) the game freeze (does not crash however), it remains blocked

tried in order to:
1) restart the game
2) restart the pc (among other things with clean installation of the OS less than a month ago when I switched to W11 - new m.2 ssd)
3) checked local files with Steam

Attached:
DXDiax,
save
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 32 Gb RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.20] BUG - the game freezes

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. Jan 22, 15:16

If that is the only save you are having the issue with then there may be corruption in that save.

You have three different sound devices and drivers on the go all at the same time, and your Realtek onboard sound chipset has a generic Microsoft driver rather than a Realtek one. I would disable what you do not use in Device Manager.

You have a few LiveKernelEvent 141 errors reported in your DxDiag and that is usually (but not always) when your graphics card is getting a bit stressed in high graphics loading situations. However, I would not expect that only to happen in X4 with a specific save so that may not be relevant here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alessandrofavero
x4

Re: [4.20] BUG - the game freezes

Post by alessandrofavero » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 00:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 6. Jan 22, 15:16
If that is the only save you are having the issue with then there may be corruption in that save.

You have three different sound devices and drivers on the go all at the same time, and your Realtek onboard sound chipset has a generic Microsoft driver rather than a Realtek one. I would disable what you do not use in Device Manager.

You have a few LiveKernelEvent 141 errors reported in your DxDiag and that is usually (but not always) when your graphics card is getting a bit stressed in high graphics loading situations. However, I would not expect that only to happen in X4 with a specific save so that may not be relevant here.
thank you for the prompt reply

It's a Save problem, not my configuration ...

starting with a save of a few equipped before the problem does not arise.

however I will verify the discourse of the audio devices and the microsoft drive.

thank you

I hope it serves the Ego to avoid future corrupted saves for players.
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 32 Gb RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”