[4.20] CTD while finishing off Argon Station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

[4.20] CTD while finishing off Argon Station

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 23:42

Hello,

(Vanilla GAME). When I finish off a specific Argon station in Hatikvah's Faith I am getting a consistent Crash to Desktop, previously killed another two Argon stations in the same sector which didn't cause this issue.. Not sure if its the amount of ships pounding it, a problem with the station or something in my system but it is the first time I have CTD's with X4 in a looong time and I killed other stations previously without issue.

In this shared folder I have uploaded save game, you just have to load it and enjoy the fireworks, stay there and wait for your ships and your Asgardt to finish off the station completely. I have also uploaded the dxdiag.txt (I tried to post it in here but forum says message too long)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

PS: If someone from egosoft checks it out as a bonus I would like to know why the Asgard manuvers itself or does not respond to my movement input, I am assuming it has something to do with some type of collision detection and so many ships around it but just to know for sure.

PS2: Link also contains crash dumps and vulkaninfo

PS3: Tried loading the same save in the Linux version and it crashed the same way, so now seems hardly a driver issue.
Last edited by ezra-r on Fri, 7. Jan 22, 12:01, edited 5 times in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.20] CTD while finishing off Argon Station

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. Jan 22, 11:18

You would need to provide more details, DxDiag, Vulcaninfo and also ideally any crash dumps you have related to this.

MFG

Ketraar

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 6. Jan 22, 13:44

dxdiag is provided in the link, couldn't post it here due to size.

I have uploaded all crash dumps related to this to the same link now and vulkaninfo.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 13:25

Sorry to bug, if someone from Egosoft devs could provide some little feedback about this or if there is anything else I can provide? I have 380+ hours in this save and would love to continue.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 14:32

Not a dev but here goes. You have a few different sound devices and drivers going at the same time and so it might be an idea to disable what sound you don't use in Device Manager.

Looking at your Windows Error Reporting, you are having a lot of Steam.exe crashes showing this error (and no specific mention of X4):

Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
P1: steam.exe
P2: 6.96.74.78
P3: 61bbc071
P4: StackHash_dd03
P5: 10.0.22000.348
P6: bbfacb11
P7: c0000374
P8: PCH_A4_FROM_ntdll+0x00074C6C

Doing a search for that type of ntdll issue, there are quite a few reports of this type of crash with games and Win11. I don't know enough about Win11 to advise further though. Still, if it is doing it in Linux too then there could be an in-game or in-save corruption. Have you verified the game installation recently?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 17:36

Hey Alan, thanks for the reply.

I believe those crashes are unrelated and from a while ago, not sure why they are still logged.

Note this is not a random occurance, it just happens when the Argon Station I am currently pounding dies off entirely. What I would like is if someone from Ego or otherwise gets the save and tries it to see if they get the CTD the same as I do, since I tried the same save in Linux (where I just have the RME ADI-2 as sound card) and got the same Crash to Desktop exactly at the same point when the Argon Station is finished.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 18:07

Have you verified the game installation recently as it might be a corrupt specific explosion effect or sound file? Just eliminating the more obvious and simple stuff first.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 19:12

Yes, indeed I verified the files, nothing was changed and same issue every time.

Also note another two stations were previously killed in the same sector moments earlier, not sure what happens with this one in particular.

Must rid galaxy of Argon!

---

edit: in case anyone finds a similar problem. my work around was teleporting out of sector and let my ships kill the station missing all the fun myself. Once killed when I was not IS the game didn't crash and I could teleport back in.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”