Possible Bug? 4+ star Asguard Consistantly boosting away from K

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xWolfzx
x4

Possible Bug? 4+ star Asguard Consistantly boosting away from K

Post by xWolfzx » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 01:45

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/131canN ... sp=sharing

Open the save and see the asguard that I selected in the middle of boosting away from the K. This is in sector combat. I never seem to notice this happening previously when he was lower star but now I seem to see it quite often and this is quite bad as in this case, lower star captain will actually pilot better because they do not waste shield trying to boost away and have less risk dying to a K.

grimgore
x4

Re: Possible Bug? 4+ star Asguard Consistantly boosting away from K

Post by grimgore » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 13:08

xWolfzx wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 01:45
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/131canN ... sp=sharing

Open the save and see the asguard that I selected in the middle of boosting away from the K. This is in sector combat. I never seem to notice this happening previously when he was lower star but now I seem to see it quite often and this is quite bad as in this case, lower star captain will actually pilot better because they do not waste shield trying to boost away and have less risk dying to a K.
I have a similar problem with the Raptor. It comes through the jump gate. Then he boosts his shields and flies into the battle without shields. Frustrating! Is there any way to turn this off on L-XL ships?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 13:40

Is your Asgard a fleet leader? I ask as another poster using an earlier game version said that only the Asgard that was the fleet leader did this irrational boost fleeing while other Asgards acting independently did not. I presume this *might* apply for any capital fleet.

Of course it could also be that the previous poster's Asgard leader had the higher stars captain too. The real task is to identify the actual trigger situation.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 14:19

Nope not fleet leader

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”