[1475][4.2] Station Miners Concentrate at One Area - improvements in 5.00

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

[1475][4.2] Station Miners Concentrate at One Area - improvements in 5.00

Post by nflszhu » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 03:37

Hi,

Updated to 4.2 and after a day of running the game, it seems that similar to what happened in 4.2 Beta, for one of my stations, almost all it's L solid miners (about 65 of them) are concentrated in 2 single spots in Black Hole Sun IV, and 31 L Gas miners are concentrated in 2 spots in Grand Exchange III. This basically starved my station.

Save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysnHdWK9 ... T?e=Xhg3nF
Screenshot: https://imgur.com/NpgyWU7
Station which the miners belong to: Black Hole Sun IV Ship Technology Factory

Note that I did look at this post , and it seems that Ketraar indicated that the issue was caused by resource probe. In my case, I don't have any resource probe in the entire universe in order to avoid that exact same reason - I don't want to create any "priority" for my miners due to the exact fear that those probe(s) will get mined out quickly and create issue. I want my miners to decide for themselves, even though that process might be slower and less efficient, but at least they should spread out in the neighboring 5 sectors.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you!
Last edited by nflszhu on Tue, 14. Dec 21, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

nflszhu
x4

Re: [4.2] Station Miners Concentrate at One Area

Post by nflszhu » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 02:59

Just want to follow up on this issue - left the game running for another day and those miners are still concentrated in those specific spots without really mining anything. Tried to move them around manually, reassign to the station, but they still come back to the same spot....
Also, my other big shipyards are starting to see the same pattern. Any inputs / help would be really appreciated.
Thank you!

nflszhu
x4

Re: [1475][4.2] Station Miners Concentrate at One Area

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 13. Dec 21, 19:24

Another update - in effort to try to find a solution myself, have spent last night to put hundreds of resource probes across the galaxy and left it run over night. Now am seeing 2 issues:
- My shipyard in Eighteen Billion is somehow running out of Helium now, even though that same sector has plenty of them. Am not sure what are all its gas miners doing...only thing I know is it should have plenty of them (around 80 L?)
- Some of the miners from my Gatsu Fune shipyard now comes all the way to Eighteen Billion to mine Methane and other stuff, even though neighboring Savage Spur II and Asteroid Belt has plenty...I know technically Eighteen Billion is within the 5 sector radius but this is a bit extreme I think...

At this moment I really don't know what I should do - not even sure if I should use resource probe or not lol - Any advice would be appreciated!

Latest save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysnIOKrj ... V?e=3jEgLH

Thank you!

xwing66
x4

Post by xwing66 » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 06:14

I've been having the same issue with my miners in Frontier Edge. All the Gas miners go to one spot and gather nothing and the mineral miners in another spot. This only started happening in 4.2. i've set multiple mining probes in adjacent sectors with better mineral yields but miners do not move.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 20:16

Due to the above-mentioned problems, I've been using mining outposts ore/gas freighters in addition to miners not assigned to the outpost. If there is more than one gas/mineral used by station they're assigned to, I don't trust the mining logic to sort it out once resource consumption goes up.

I took a peek at the latest save and saw that gas collectors were heading out to collect one gas and had another gas filling up the storage. This is a prime example of what is broken with station assigned miners and I would try and create just sector autominers as a first step and set them to mine a single gas/ore.

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 20:38

Yeah I guess I will need to try this out as one possible workaround…still weird though since I didn't have this issue pre-4.2. Maybe some logic was changed?

Black Falcon
x4

Post by Black Falcon » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 18:31

I have a similar issue in Grand Exchange III (? - bottom left one) regarding Gas-Miners.

They accumulate in an area a few km south to the methane clouds. As far as I can tell without harvesting anything.

A resouce probe is poisitoned in the gals cloud near the south-west gate. The repeat-oders collectors are working correctly.
I think other positions may be effected too.

Started: V 4.0
Current Version: 4.2
Savegame: https://magentacloud.de/s/BA9FWstwqx78f6A
Note: Same save as posted here (non modified)
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442149&start=60

Edit:
Regarding your screenshot in the first post. The offset could be similar to my miners offset. Maybe it's "just" a systematic bug in the formular of the position calculation. Something like a percentual random-offset or somthing like that and the gas clouds are just so small that we really notice the (too) "large" offset - wich might work in larger clouds.
If you are interested in Homeworld 2 or EVE Online, take a look at my mod at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-rts

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 02:06

Another update - and this is really becoming comical to some extend - after a few days of running, now I got around 90 L Gas miners all concentrated in one spot at Pontifex's Claim, and my station in Black Hole Sun is again running out of Methane...

Save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysnPyQ3X ... 5?e=r2wUAp
Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/T5OWb2D

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 19:02

Just another update - put some resource probe at Frontier Edge and now got about 100 L Gas Miners concentrated at one spot there, probably for Methane.

Save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysnRdppQ ... 8?e=EtdWuD
Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/ganx16C

I have been using blacklists to block out activities in those troubling sectors to avoid this issue - guess need to add Frontier Edge to the list now...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 06:25

Placing probes near non-trivial sources of the resource should be sufficient. It seems the issue might be caused by the miners being unable to find reasonably dense resources they need, causing them to try and mine in sub-optimal locations with depleted yield.

SirBerrial
x4

Post by SirBerrial » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 07:03

Same issue, probably.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=443557

There are also other gas miner clumps within other sectors that I noticed after making the post, and one of those was on a non-colored tiles. I think it was somewhere in the eastern PAR territory?

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 17:08

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 06:25
Placing probes near non-trivial sources of the resource should be sufficient. It seems the issue might be caused by the miners being unable to find reasonably dense resources they need, causing them to try and mine in sub-optimal locations with depleted yield.
The strange thing is that the probe(s) do show plenty of resources there, it's just it seems the miners failed to actually mine anything and are stuck there...and similar behavior at the beginning when I didn't even put any probes - some minors just concentrated at an area without mining anything for some reason...and this only happened after 4.2 as far as I can tell.

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 17:11

SirBerrial wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 07:03
Same issue, probably.

There are also other gas miner clumps within other sectors that I noticed after making the post, and one of those was on a non-colored tiles. I think it was somewhere in the eastern PAR territory?
Yeah probably...the strange thing is that even though there seem to be plenty of resources, the miners failed to mine anything and are stuck there...

SirBerrial
x4

Post by SirBerrial » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 17:52

SirBerrial wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 07:03
Same issue, probably.

Here are the miners I was talking about from the save in the linked thread.

ee2marine
x4

Post by ee2marine » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 17:51

Have the same issue, with my gas miners assigned to stations. Trying to mine methane.
My big helium collection station at Mercury still works fine.

My miners like to concentrate in Grand Exchange and Pius Mists together with NPC miners.

The current workaround for me is repeat order mining and transfer to station, but this is quite tiresome to set up with 100+ miners.

:lol:

I tried to blacklist the affected sectors, but they just find another spot to get stuck.
Does someone have a better idea?

ee2marine
x4

Post by ee2marine » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 03:14

Little update:
Sector miners have the same problem as the station miners.

If you start sector mining in the sector, where they like to cluster up, the run into the same spot.
So currently, the only workaround if found is just to mine in another sector, where these groups don't appear.

PS: Is it ok to upload saves for the devs, if the game is heavily modified?

drummelbummel
x4

Post by drummelbummel » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 11:37

I have the same problem and even "foreign" miners do have the same problem.

Mining is nearly completely stuck. Hey you DEV's out there in the X4 universe - any idea how to solve tis problem?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2712223267
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2712223387

drummelbummel
x4

Post by drummelbummel » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 14:22

I found one more strange thing:
I gave one L Miner the direct order ro mine for ore at a specific location.
The captain started to tell me "last order could not be finished".
So i took over the ship and i was in the middle of an asteroid field.
At the moment i was captian the ships mining guns started to destroy an astroid and the mining drones brought back the ore.
So - why could the captian of the ship not mine???
Can this be part of the problem?

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 21:07

I just tested with methane mining in Pontifex's claim and saw the same thing - when using repeat orders / sector auto mine, my L gas miner will send out gas collector drone but they are come back with nothing. Once they are returned, it will show a failed order. However, if I take over control, the gas collectors launched and came back with methane without any issue…

Poubellateur

Post by Poubellateur » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:16

I am facing the same issu, in several systems mostly GREAT EXCHANGE III
My miners (about 6 L gas miner) and random NPC miners all go to the same spots trying to mine gas, without harvesting anything. My stations ran out of gas.

I hope the devs can fix this soon enough.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”