Game Freezing at Random Times

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GreySiX

Game Freezing at Random Times

Post by GreySiX » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 01:25

Running X4 Foundations with both the Split Vendetta and Cradle of Humanity DLC installed - Version 4.10 (458643), and I'm getting random lockups of the game - just freezes, and only CNTL-ALT-DEL will end the game.
I have installed no mods - its running vanilla. I verified the build through Steam.

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, running on an SSD

This particular game is 24 days, 11 hours, and 45 minutes old.

What's odd is that I'll let it run overnight with no issues at all - no freezes or crashes. But when I'm interacting with the map, that's where I get the freezing.

Ideas or recommendations are welcome.

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Game Freezing at Random Times

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 09:42

Probs best this moving to tech support. - And I know you're gonna be asked to post your DXDIAG and Vulcaninfo so might be best adding those to your opening post.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 10:20

Agreed - moving this over and waiting for this information to help the devs to investigate.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 01:01

At the very least I recommend providing the not modified save.

Try the 4.20 beta (or wait for release). It might be a bug or issue that has been fixed as there are some optimisations as well freeze fixes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”