I think my save is broken

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

I think my save is broken

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 07:20

So, I started a Terran game, progressed through the story, got a destroyer. Cool. So I flew it to the Terran Shipyard, docked it. I told my Katana to meet me there and dock. It will instead fly into the space adjacent to the station and get stuck on nothing. Even if I tell it to fly to empty space next to the docked destroyer, it still get stuck on nothing. I can't fire the pilot, even before I tell her to do anything. My save is also marked as "modified," despite not using a single mod in this playthrough.

Here is a link to the save file: https://www.filehosting.org/file/detail ... 001.xml.gz
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: I think my save is broken

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 10:55

Have you verified your game installation?

Will the ship become unstuck and dock if you go OOS? The inability to interact with the pilot and ship is normal if the ship is (stuck) in a critical order state, such as docking/undocking/transferring.

Try to remove any unwanted queued behaviours/actions in the ship's behaviour tab.

Is the station M docking blocked by something else going on?

There may be an issue with the game incorrectly becoming modified due to a Terran texture issue - not yet fully confirmed though - see this thread.

Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:04

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 07:20
My save is also marked as "modified," despite not using a single mod in this playthrough.
I had a similar issue. I think this is caused by some game files being corrrupt or otherwise not being able to be loaded/handled by the game, which triggers the game to think that the game is modified.
I had to verify my X4 Steam files to get this fixed. In my case it was some object in a Xenon sector that caused this issue.

However, and correct me if I'm wrong, if I had to guess even if you fix your files, any savegame you made after this issue will still be marked as modified, so if you want to stay unmodified you'd have to revert to a previous save where the issue didn't yet occur.

It's not nice that this can happen very silently and that the game won't notify the player about a sudden "couldn't load file : your game is now marked as modified"-detection, since it is likely that by the time the player, just by pure chance, spots the modified tag in the pause menu he/she would've overwritten some (or all!) of their saves,
Last edited by Rei Ayanami on Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 16:55

Exclude safe folder and game folder of X4 from virus scanner, including windows defender.
Doesn't help with a corrupted safe though.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 03:35

LennStar wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 16:55
Exclude safe folder and game folder of X4 from virus scanner, including windows defender.
Doesn't help with a corrupted safe though.
Thanks, I'll give that a crack. Fortunately, I'm not really that far into the game, so starting over isn't so bad. I just rushed the Terran campaign.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”