Capital Ship turret vs Unique Xenon Asteroid base.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wraithsz
x4

Capital Ship turret vs Unique Xenon Asteroid base.

Post by Wraithsz » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:22

There currently a bug where Capital ships turrets won't shoot at the Unique Xenon Asteroid bases (the one with the unique icons like amplifiers)

They even can't use their main weapon against it well.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Capital Ship turret vs Unique Xenon Asteroid base.

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 11:48

The amplifier bases my capitals had no problem hitting. Note that only the I like ships around it can be damaged, with the crystal in the middle being invulnerable.

The asteroid bases are more difficult. Only the Xenon structure modules on the surface of the asteroid can be damaged. The asteroid itself cannot and is invulnerable. This means there are very few angles that turrets can fire at them. I suspect 4.20 is improving this quite a bit, but still I imagine turrets having a hard time hitting some of the modules.

Wraithsz
x4

Re: Capital Ship turret vs Unique Xenon Asteroid base.

Post by Wraithsz » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 22:25

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 11:48
The amplifier bases my capitals had no problem hitting. Note that only the I like ships around it can be damaged, with the crystal in the middle being invulnerable.

The asteroid bases are more difficult. Only the Xenon structure modules on the surface of the asteroid can be damaged. The asteroid itself cannot and is invulnerable. This means there are very few angles that turrets can fire at them. I suspect 4.20 is improving this quite a bit, but still I imagine turrets having a hard time hitting some of the modules.
The amplifiers base is fine.

It the Asteroid base that is the problem.
It doesn't matter what angle my ship was at.

It wouldn't shoot the base.
This is while facing the actual parts that not an asteroid (the one with the holes and turret)

edit: After further testing it definitely the station fault.
I can have the turret fire then suddenly stop and need to be in some weird direction for it to fire again.
The station definitely need to be looked at.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”