[1496]Ware transfer stuck in critical mode - with save

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lostboron

[1496]Ware transfer stuck in critical mode - with save

Post by lostboron » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 21:50

Here is a save game that exhibits a serious bug: 2 ships stuck in critical mode while waiting for an exchange. It's a Falx and a recently captured Phenix. I started the transfer of 3 repair drones before the save. The Phenix has sent a cargo drone to recover the repair drones dropped by the Falx.
What happens after the save is that the cargo drone goes back to the Phenix, and the Phenix gets the repair drones and start using them, but the transfer is now permanently stuck in critical mode.

https://easyupload.io/5uunwm

That's the kind of bug that really annoys me with X4. I have seen other ships get stuck like that, for instance when landing on a carrier. After the fact the only solution I know of is to blow up the ship. Not fun. In this case maybe I could destroy the cargo drone, or try teleporting elsewhere...
Last edited by lostboron on Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

lostboron

Re: Ware transfer stuck in critical mode - with save

Post by lostboron » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:02

Some additional info: this is the latest stable (4.10), unmodded, with all the DLC.
I tried teleporting to another sector - no luck, the bug still happens. I tried destroying the cargo drone - same bug. I really wish there was no critical operation in the game, that turns minor issues into major ones...

lostboron

Re: Ware transfer stuck in critical mode - with save

Post by lostboron » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 04:45

More info: I should mention that before boarding the Phenix was busy collecting wares from the hacked station. It had 2 drones out, both hostile (possibly because I hit one by mistake before boarding). One of them was stuck in the station geometry.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”