[BUG] Failed orders: Attack, unable to reach destination

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kapakio
x4

[BUG] Failed orders: Attack, unable to reach destination

Post by Kapakio » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 11:53

I consider this as a bug. I have a fleet of destroyers with the order to protect a zone/station. I keep getting this error to several fleet ships:

Failed orders: Attack, unable to reach destination

All ships are targetting the enemy, but for some reason it cannot be reached.

Xkuka
x4

Re: [BUG] Failed orders: Attack, unable to reach destination

Post by Xkuka » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:51

I was confused by this at first too, but its just an information.
The ships protecting a station or position will abort hunting fleeing targets or by passers, and that will end up as an entry in this list.

Same goes for trading failures. If the conditions, like player station settings, change while the AI is trying to make out a deal, its going to end up in the failed order list too.
As i understand that happened always, but we just didnt get that info.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 19:17

Xkuka wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:51
I was confused by this at first too, but its just an information.
The ships protecting a station or position will abort hunting fleeing targets or by passers, and that will end up as an entry in this list.

Same goes for trading failures. If the conditions, like player station settings, change while the AI is trying to make out a deal, its going to end up in the failed order list too.
As i understand that happened always, but we just didnt get that info.
Makes sense, although the wording is a bit misleading. The order did not really failed. It just stopped attacking to avoid moving away from the protecting place.

grimgore
x4

Post by grimgore » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 21:16

It makes me uneasy. I would love to turn it off. I have 1600 ships and there are some with five error messages that always have to be manually pushed away. That's terrible.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 23:56

I dont understand the reason for all of these warnings :

They are so prevalent the players (or at least me) just ignore them because there are too many to manage / read / cancel (and they keep coming back so attempting to do anything about them is a futile effort).

So whatever may be important for the player to notice is lost like a needle in a haystack of relentless messages. Annoying.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:45

The excessive message spam is a distraction from potentially *relevant* messages. I've a fleet guarding an area. When I hover the mouse over any of them, they each have a HUGE list of failed orders, none of which have any relevance. I mean a slow ship protecting a large area couldn't catch that Xenon scout zooming past 20km away at several thousand metres per second? You don't say! Thank you sooo much for letting me know lol.

Other messages, such as failed trades and the like are useful, that's stuff I want to know. I'd suggest that this particular message be suppressed, I cannot see any value to it.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 02:16

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:45
Other messages, such as failed trades and the like are useful, that's stuff I want to know. I'd suggest that this particular message be suppressed, I cannot see any value to it.
They are equally irrelevant in general. Failed trades dont actually happen, as far as i understand these messages are mostly results of the player changing something in the stations settings or something like that. I have never seen an actual failed trade in the context of these warnings. Only usefull side might be if the trader cant find actual trade routes, but that is the very small minority of these warnings, at least in my case.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”