[Problem] Radar auto zoom problem with nearby objects, and a compelling example.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

[Problem] Radar auto zoom problem with nearby objects, and a compelling example.

Post by Xkuka » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 06:08

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3mS4y ... sp=sharing
What you see in the screenshot, is that the docked ships on my Asgard in front of the bridge make the radar literally unusable because of the auto zoom. As long as there are ships on the deck the radar zooms in. I cant see a Xenon K that is less than 5km away...
And that is just a very showing example of how the forced auto zoom makes situational awareness with the radar and its zoom very, very difficult.
Same goes when traveling asteroid fields or just beeing very close to other ships.

To be blunt, the zoom feature is not only problematic, it is not necessary at all, if you dont have an option for adjustment. This feature should provide situational awareness but in many cases some well meant aspects of it render it useless and confuse the pilot.
I could complain of different aspects of the implementation of this function, but if the devs would at least consider to solve this totally unecessary zooming problem it would be a great deal.

And please, dont patch it for the Asgard, just give us adjustable and fixed zoom levels. Maybe with buttons to change it next to the radar screen?

Thanks!
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

LameFox
x4

Re: [Problem] Radar auto zoom problem with nearby objects, and a compelling example.

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:30

I also would like a way to turn off the scaling. I find the radar to be useless for tracking enemies, because when I glance at it in combat I cannot rely on distance to be consistent. When I can take the time to figure out what scale it's at right now, then I have time to use the map anyway.
***modified***

WoodyAut
x4

Re: [Problem] Radar auto zoom problem with nearby objects, and a compelling example.

Post by WoodyAut » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 11:28

Hi,

Yes....it is pretty weird when you are sitting in a raptor, cleaning up the defense drones from a xenon station....and then wondering why there is some crossfire on the screen and you don't see anything on the radar, but then realise there is a K 4.3km away from you.
Someting like adjustable radar range would make life easier (and yes....two more hotkeys...doesn't matter in this game anymore :)

Best regards
WoodyAut

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”