4.20 War mission cant be completed, cant get to the npc on the station.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

4.20 War mission cant be completed, cant get to the npc on the station.

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 00:37

I can seem to get to the npc that completes the xenon war mission. This is the mission that opens up all the other war missions. The elevator controls doesnt show the room where the war mission npc is located. I noticed this on another playthrough in 4.20 aswell although then i teleported away and back and it was fixed. This time i dont have teleport and changing systems with a ship or redocking doesnt work. It also seems to block access to the engineering section for hacking, which i also noticed a few times before when doing missions, although teleporting away and back again fixed it.
Here is the save: https://easyupload.io/69gif2
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.20 War mission cant be completed, cant get to the npc on the station.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:24

Sometimes not all station 'rooms' are available from all other station teleport locations. It perhaps depends somewhat on how the station was built and/or in what order of modules, but I don't know that for sure. A common workaround is to use the teleporter to a different available room on the station and then see if the one you wanted is now available in the teleport menu.

As an example, if I want to go from the science lab to a trading post on my PHQ then I cannot go directly as the traders are not listed in the teleport menu from the lab. What I do is go from the lab to the security office first and then can I access the traders.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 12:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:24
A common workaround is to use the teleporter to a different available room on the station and then see if the one you wanted is now available in the teleport menu.
I tried the avaliable options and teleported where i could and no other locations appeared. I also tried retaking the mission in sector out of sector and on the station, i also tried going from the station into a spacesuit then docking again with the spacesuit, nothing i can come up with seems to help. I still havent even got a dock module on the HQ so i cant test if the teleporting out of sector and back to the station helps.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 23:46

This isnt just the terran war mission, its the argon one aswell and maybe all of them, im not sure i only tested terran and argon xenon war missions.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”