[4.1] Broken station that disappears when I get closer - Due to a 3rd party mod.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rigel Nova
x4

[4.1] Broken station that disappears when I get closer - Due to a 3rd party mod.

Post by Rigel Nova » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 10:19

In Grand Exchange I, there is a broken station called "Wreck Pi 1", when I get closer to it, it disappears suddenly. It feels very weird. In short, impossible to get close to it suddenly, the space becoming empty.

https://i.ibb.co/KL2G8fK/steamuserimage ... hd-net.jpg

Subsidiary question ? Is it good for something or is it just decor? And if not, why not put missions or chests there? That's a shame. It would make exploration more challenging.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.1] Broken station that disappears when I get closer

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 10:24

We can't really diagnose what's happening from a picture and a brief description. Please provide a savegame where you're looking towards the object, so that we can see for ourselves what happens.

Rigel Nova
x4

Post by Rigel Nova » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 10:56

Hi, go here :

My games is modified, but the save and the bug is with no extensions
https://gofile.io/d/u4tbHj

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 12:45

The question is how did that get there, in vanilla there is no wreck at that location. Maybe a mod you had previously added it? If you can reproduce the issue in vanilla please let us know.

MFG

Ketraar

Rigel Nova
x4

Post by Rigel Nova » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 15:24

I have tried with vanilla new game and no station. Strange, I have only installed gameplay extension. I have no test after the mission with the appearance of mother station in the same sector.

EDIT : I have found, it's from this mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/333

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moonrat
x4

Re: [4.1] Broken station that disappears when I get closer - Due to a 3rd party mod.

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 28. Dec 22, 00:02

Rigel Nova wrote:
Wed, 24. Nov 21, 10:19
In Grand Exchange I, there is a broken station called "Wreck Pi 1", when I get closer to it, it disappears suddenly. It feels very weird. In short, impossible to get close to it suddenly, the space becomes empty.

https://i.ibb.co/KL2G8fK/steamuserimage ... hd-net.jpg

Subsidiary question? Is it good for something or is it just decor? And if not, why not put missions or chests there? That's a shame. It would make exploration more challenging.
I've finally got around to looking at this... Many months (or is it years ago) I remember the ring station also disappeared for me. However, I'm not sure it does it any longer. The related macro "landmarks_gen_old_ringstation_macro" file has changed since your post and I have noticed that this macro now has the property landmark="1" which I think might mean that this object is no longer transient?? Looks like this changed at release 5.0? Please let me know if you think the Ring Station or any other "Encounters" object still seems to mysteriously disappear.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
	<!--Exported by: Michael (192.168.3.61) at 21.03.2022_12-19-30-->
<macros>
	<macro name="landmarks_gen_old_ringstation_macro" class="object">
		<component ref="landmarks_gen_old_ringstation"/>
		<properties>
			<identification name="{20103,2101}" description="{20103,2102}" landmark="1" icon="mapob_poi"/>
			<hull invulnerable="1" min="1500000" max="1500000"/>
		</properties>
	</macro>
</macros>
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”