4.2 Beta Bug Report (assigning CV) - explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kpla Keltak

4.2 Beta Bug Report (assigning CV) - explained

Post by Kpla Keltak » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 11:54

this probably this not the right place to report this so please feel free to move it if needed.

1. HQ assigning a builder is only available from the station build menu. Not able to right click a builder and assign with context menu....took me a long time to figure that out.
2. i assigned a ship to but and place mines near a station, which it did but the mines remained invisible or ??? virtual. the ship went off though and diligently went through the procedure as if placing them.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.2 Beta Bug Report

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 12:08

I'll leave these here as I don't think either issue is new to the beta. That said, it is never a good idea to have unrelated issues reported in Tech Sp threads as it is likely that different devs would need to see them. Further, the right devs most probably won't even look at a thread in here with a non-specific title.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 16:11

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Tue, 23. Nov 21, 11:54
1. HQ assigning a builder is only available from the station build menu. Not able to right click a builder and assign with context menu....took me a long time to figure that out.
Are you certain? RMB on a Construction Vessel works for me. If the CV is not busy RMB brings up a dropdown menu with the option "Hire for building", which when highlighted should open a list of all your station that have modules in waiting to be built and dont already have CV attached.

If this is not the case for you please provide a save where the issue is present.

MFG

Ketraar

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 11:00

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 23. Nov 21, 16:11
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Tue, 23. Nov 21, 11:54
Are you certain? RMB on a Construction Vessel works for me. If the CV is not busy RMB brings up a dropdown menu with the option "Hire for building", which when highlighted should open a list of all your station that have modules in waiting to be built and dont already have CV attached.

If this is not the case for you please provide a save where the issue is present.

MFG

Ketraar
i loaded a game save from a different point and to my surprise the context menu method did work on the HQ. But i had tried it 20 or 30 times and it didn't work??? I had even flown to the builder ship within radar range. deployed sats looked for builders with relations +10. nothing had worked. i ended building my own station, which worked normally. I don't have a game save pre- my own station build.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”