[4.10] UI - Behaviour tab for trader scrolls all the way back up.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vlasticz
x4

[4.10] UI - Behaviour tab for trader scrolls all the way back up.

Post by vlasticz » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 04:36

Hi,

Got this weird issue of which I'm sure wasn't in the game when I played 2.x version. When I try to adjust default behavior of a trader ship (S or M) and the previous task was for example AutoTrade so there's a long list of wares and I need to scroll down to (e.g.) change the anchor sector, every now and then the UI scrolls me all the way back up and I need to scroll down again. It happens a load of times - every time I need to scroll down I know I'll need to do it a lot of times and it's very annoying. It's very obvious and can't be missed. What should I provide to get this resolved, pls?

Best regards.

Manawydn
x4

Re: [4.10] UI - Behaviour tab for trader scrolls all the way back up.

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 04:57

I thought this was a mod related issue. I've been experiencing it as well

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 05:09

I don't think it's related to mods as I'm going vanilla and I started experiencing this after a year or so of not playing X4. The last time I played it was at version <2.something> and I'm pretty sure this wasn't there as I would be pissed off as I'm now :evil: :D

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 10:29

There would be the need to reproduce this so could you write down the exact steps to do so?

MFG

Ketraar

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 12:12

Does it only happen with a joystick or controller plugged in? It could be a stuck or intermittent button or badly calibrated input causing unwanted scrolling, unless there is a particular set of in-game circumstances causing it - which is when a save and/or set of repro steps would be essential.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 03:27

Ok, I don't have any joystick or gamepad connected, just purely keyboard + mouse.

I'll try to describe the steps the best I could:

Select any trading ship (already set to AutoTrade) from My Property menu -> right-click -> Info -> Behavior tab -> scroll down and it goes up every couple of seconds.

Can provide savefile if needed.

Thanks!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:46

vlasticz wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 03:27
Select any trading ship (already set to AutoTrade) from My Property menu -> right-click -> Info -> Behavior tab -> scroll down and it goes up every couple of seconds.
Hello, thanks for the info. I'm not able to reproduce this as I don't have a scrollbar. What resolution are you playing on? Maybe you could make a screenshot just to be sure we are looking at the same place.

MFG

Ketraar

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:59

This does sound like a few earlier version reports linked here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:59
This does sound like a few earlier version reports linked here.
Thanks but that issue doesn't seem to have a solution in that thread (or the linked one). Please correct me if I'm wrong. But yeah, looks very similar.

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:46
Hello, thanks for the info. I'm not able to reproduce this as I don't have a scrollbar. What resolution are you playing on? Maybe you could make a screenshot just to be sure we are looking at the same place.
The resolution is currently set to 1600x900. Here is a shady photo of the exact place where I'm having the issue. Something is preventing me from taking a regular screenshot in the game - sorry about that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhdckx ... sp=sharing

Oh and Ketraar, I always wanted to ask but since you're on the line at the moment, what does the MFG stand for? :mrgreen: I always thought it's "my f*** god"

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:35

These sorts of problems appear in many places when the scroll bar is present and is caused by a UI redraw/refresh. It can be a totally unrelated thing such as the list of plots scrolling to the top quite frequently.

The only solution is to pause the game as trying to manage plots isn't much fun, although it is a kind of minigame trying to pick the right plot before the list scrolls to the top.

Side note: I always read MFG as manufacturing, but it's probably "Mit Freundlichen Grüßen (German: With Best Regards)". (Source)

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:21

Hi,

Thanks for the info! So you're saying this isn't new at all?

Yes, it definitely feels like there's some sort of a refresh (either be it the ships or the whole universe tick (universe not so much as it would happen much more often)) when the scroll-back happens.

BTW, thanks, I haven't thought about the German meaning even though I was born between Germany and Austria :roll:
Last edited by vlasticz on Fri, 26. Nov 21, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:00

peteran wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:35
The only solution is to pause the game as trying to manage plots isn't much fun, although it is a kind of minigame trying to pick the right plot before the list scrolls to the top.
That really works, thanks! I was under the impression that the pause would switch off as soon as you try to do anything else within the game (X2 habit I guess). And yeah, it's a minigame every time you try to do anything below the regular scroll line.

EDIT: Just to make things clear, having to pause the game every time you need to adjust anything that scrolls (up or down) isn't a solution. I just wanted to express the need to fix this - if you're able to reproduce - if not, please do let me know and let's figure this one out.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:48

Ketraar wrote:
vlasticz wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
I wrote how to reproduce this here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=441915

The scroll bar when I first encountered it was due to adding wares to an autotrader at 1440p. It still occurs in the live version of 4.10

If that does not work I could try posting system specs in case it's dependent on that?
***modified***

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 06:22

Ketraar wrote:
vlasticz wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
This also happens in the crew tab of a ship or station. If you need a scroll bar to reproduce use a ship with a large crew and scroll down. It will regularly reset the view and make it difficult to manage crew aswell.
My guess is that something is refreshing on the object and causing also the view/scrollbar to reset.

/edit: that reminds me of the annoying resetting when entering numbers to storage values or station account values. It becomes especially hard when storage quantity is anbundant and the slider is really hard to control. I am sort of used to it and hit the pause button so i can enter values without being interrupted. What happens is that if i want like type a large number i gets confirmed while writing. Not shure if this is related but it could be the same thing that causes it.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Dominus
x4

Post by Dominus » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 00:27

I have the same problem from time to time usually when the game is struggling with framerate
Denantes mortos que escravos.
Sorry for Bad english. :)

Sicario

Post by Sicario » Sat, 19. Feb 22, 15:30

OMG, I thought I was going to go insane trying to find the "mod" causing this issue. :lol: Thank you guys for at least providing a temporary solution for this issue. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”