X4 dont Start

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gerstie

X4 dont Start

Post by Gerstie » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 21:52

Hello people, I need help, I bought and installed the game today and when I try to start it says X4 has Stopped Working and I don't know what to do now. Can you help me?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4 dont Start

Post by CBJ » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 22:00

We can't help you unless you give us some information to work with. Please start with the information requested in the sticky thread at the top of the forum, particularly your DXDiag and vulkaninfo.

Gerstie

Post by Gerstie » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 22:28

okay i'm sorry i didn't pay attention earlier so here is my DXDiag information

https://www.screenshare.de/bkm7-r36w-by ... -wwbw-mgtb

and this coming when i search for the vulkaninfo in dmx

https://www.screenshare.de/mmi4-vqwx-fp ... -fv34-o7i9

Even if I play a lot of computer games, I don't really know that much about computers, so I wouldn't notice the most obvious mistakes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 22:50

Hello. Unfortunately you are posting screenshots of bits of the outputs and not links to the actual text files generated by the diagnostic tools. More information can be found here about how to get the text output files and then you upload the text files to a reputable public fileshare site and just post the links here.

Unfortunately that Wiki article I linked above needs its digital signature to be renewed and that will not happen until Monday.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gerstie

Post by Gerstie » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 14:12

This are my DxDiag when this is what you need
DxDiag.txt
(45.91 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by Ketraar on Mon, 22. Nov 21, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pasted DxDiag info into file

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 16:13

Your DxDiag is showing lots of unknowns in the details for your graphics card/driver and even the onboard graphics/driver. That may indicate that your graphics devices and drivers are not properly set up.

This theory is further supported in that your DxDiag shows many Vulkan errors in the Windows Error Reporting and that again indicates that your graphics device/driver may not be properly set up. Vulkan is installed as a part of your graphics driver.

What you may need to do is a clean uninstall of your graphics driver and then install a fresh download of the latest WHQL driver from your graphics card manufacturer's update site, making sure that it is the correct driver for your OS and card.

You may need to do the same again for your onboard graphics chipset using your motherboard manufacturer's site.

Good luck!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”