[1480]custom start ring removal

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

craig m
x3tc

[1480]custom start ring removal

Post by craig m » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 17:12

i have been playing the same save for over a year with mods that removed all highways and decided a fresh start using the custom game start would be instresting as i always just wanted to play without the highway ring.
i attempted this through custom starts and found that i cound remove the highway ring but linear highways had there highways removed but the entrance/exit strutures remained.
i removed all mods and did a fresh reinstall and checked my extentions folder was empty except for the dlc's, and have been unable to resolve the problem
im playing through the steam client ver 4.10 (458643) english speaking.

on a related note, playing my main playthrough there has never been a saturn 2, and i have noticed on the unmodded fresh start it has appered, is this also supposed to be in vanilla?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: custom start ring removal

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 18:08

You say you removed all mods and reinstalled, but did you then play on from a once modified save? If you did not do a fresh game start after a clean reinstall then the problems will carry on from your prior saves.

For the appearance of Saturn 2 see this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 18:34

No I played from a fresh start using the custom start option with no highway ring

And for Saturn 2 in the thread it’s was in the 4.1 beta.
But is now in the 4.10 release?
My modified game was 4.10 but I never saw it. I reinstalled the mods I was using in the save and used a cheat menu and Saturn 2 was not there

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 04:31

I have also seen this, even in brand new, unmodified games using that setting. I do not know if it affects all of them but certainly the one in Nopileos Fortune II is always still there, as that sector is very sparse which makes it easy to see. I have also encountered others now and then but not rigorously checked for them.
***modified***

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 14:20

ive taken some screenshots to better explaing my issue, the first is in the custom game editor turing off the ring highway https://imgur.com/a/NzCZxgA
then ingame where the ring highway is gone but the linear highways are gone too, but there structures remain

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”