Xenon shipyard rebuilds without requiring resources to do so.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Xenon shipyard rebuilds without requiring resources to do so.

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 17:47

Im attacking a shipyard and there has been no ships delivering resources to the build storage, and there are no visible containers in the build storage, yet the station starts rebuilding modules. Where is it getting resources from and how do i stop it? Is it even possible to avoid?
Credence follow stars.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Xenon shipyard rebuilds without requiring resources to do so.

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 17:52

Are you playing 4.10 or 4.20? When modules are recycled, they may return some resources, but it does change if they're wrecked or not. If you could provide a save we could take a look.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 17:57

Be aware that not all build storage resources are stored in creates to destroy. Only a percentage are. It is entirely possible to fully shoot up station build storage create pile and not stop a station from building as it still has enough resources to keep construction going.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:02

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 17:52
Are you playing 4.10 or 4.20? When modules are recycled, they may return some resources, but it does change if they're wrecked or not. If you could provide a save we could take a look.
Im now playing 4.20. Im not sure what point in the destruction of a wharf or shipyard you want me to save at. I am cleaning the universe of xenon shipyards and warfs. Im on my way to the next sector now to start, and i usually take out one of them plus all the mining ships and traders, then the last one. I noticed in the last sector i did this, that even if there where no mining ships or traders in the sector and none that i could see delivering resources, that some modules would rebuild after i destroyed them. Mayb e you could explain the "recycling" and how it works. Maybe its just me being ignorant to the system. What i do is that i destroy one and one module and when i only have a few modules left it started rebuilding some of them. Im not sure if its a bug or intended since you talk about this recycling system. What do they recycle? The wrecks of the modules?
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:05

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 17:57
Be aware that not all build storage resources are stored in creates to destroy. Only a percentage are. It is entirely possible to fully shoot up station build storage create pile and not stop a station from building as it still has enough resources to keep construction going.
So if im understanding correctly there could be resources in the build storage from when the station was created(from the start of the game)? Cause this one didnt have any ships to or from it the whole time i was shooting at it, and i had already cleared the sector from trading/mininnmg ships.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:13

I think Imperial Good means that you can destroy all the visible storage segments hanging on the build storage but there are still some resources kept in the main body of the build storage that you cannot destroy. Those resources that you cannot destroy may be enough to start the rebuild of a few modules. (I think 'creates' was a typo for 'crates'.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:13
I think Imperial Good means that you can destroy all the visible storage segments hanging on the build storage but there are still some resources kept in the main body of the build storage that you cannot destroy. Those resources that you cannot destroy may be enough to start the rebuild of a few modules. (I think 'creates' was a typo for 'crates'.)
I understand. Still, there where no crates. And no ships delivered cargo. I can try to recreate and provide a save.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:49

Yes, even the bare build storage with no crates left can still hold some resources, and you cannot destroy that build storage nor its contents. You can see the amounts of resources left in storage if you get your ship close to the build storage when in scan mode.

Also I have noticed that some major Xenon stations seem to use more than one of their build storages in the area.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 19:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:49
Yes, even the bare build storage with no crates left can still hold some resources, and you cannot destroy that build storage nor its contents. You can see the amounts of resources left in storage if you get your ship close to the build storage when in scan mode.

Also I have noticed that some major Xenon stations seem to use more than one of their build storages in the area.
What im not understanding is how the resources got into the build storage at all.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 19:05

Probably at the same time as the ones in the storage segments that you have destroyed (or earlier). Think of them as a sort of emergency or reserve fuel tank that only gets used when the main fuel tank is otherwise empty.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 19:08

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 19:05
Probably at the same time as the ones in the storage segments that you have destroyed (or earlier). Think of them as a sort of emergency or reserve fuel tank that only gets used when the main fuel tank is otherwise empty.
Ofcourse, that makes sense. I understand now, thank you for explaining :)
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 19:13

Then it wasnt really a bug it is a part of the game mechanics that i didnt know about. And even now after so many hours played im still learning the game. The game has good mechanics and good people working on it, i see a good future for the x series.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”