T.Flight HOTAS 4 and Linux

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TehFreek

T.Flight HOTAS 4 and Linux

Post by TehFreek » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 03:01

I recently acquired a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 and have been trying to use it with X4. I needed to install a module for it (https://github.com/walterschell/tflight4) in order to get all the axes and buttons to work, barring a few minor issues. When I try to configure X4, the game refuses to acknowledge all the axes and buttons, for some reason believing that I have a gamepad instead. I can assign the three stick axes (X, Y, twist), but the throttle and hat and the additional axis created for the rudder rocker via a module option as well as the majority of buttons refuse to be seen.

Please tell me what I need to provide in order to help you solve the issue. I can provide screenshots, vidcap, logs, whatever will be helpful. Thank you.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: T.Flight HOTAS 4 and Linux

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 10:59

Have you tried to use the HOTAS profile as base for it? Steam user here has a HOTAS X profile that may be similar.

MFG

Ketraar

TehFreek

Post by TehFreek » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 18:34

I tried both the built-in HOTAS profiles as well as the linked profile, but they were unable to make the game see all the axes and buttons on the device.

TehFreek

Post by TehFreek » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 18:37

I just realized that I should probably post that I'm running the current beta, 4.20 Beta (464483).

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 18:55

If its not recognising teh axes chances are its a driver issue, have you checked in the device manager that its set up right?

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: Dont think the game version would make a difference to your referred issue.

TehFreek

Post by TehFreek » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 19:01

`jstest` shows all axes and buttons working normally with a few non-interfering exceptions once I load the module.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”