Thrustmaster T16000 with Asgard steering issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Candaan001
x4

Thrustmaster T16000 with Asgard steering issues

Post by Candaan001 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 06:38

Hi Egosoft support and community members,
I have a truly bizarre problem and I hope I can explain it clearly enough for you.

I bought X4 a few months ago and within days I bought a Thrustmaster T16000 HOTAS http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t1 ... light-pack (Yes I was that excited) to go with it.

Since then, I have been using the HOTAS system and it has been great, until now, and this is where the bizarre comes in.

I just built my first Asgard and took it for a test drive.
After about 15 minutes the joystick seemed stop responding to movement commands, up/down left/right etc., but primary and secondary fire buttons continued to function as well as the throttle controller and its buttons.
I hit escape to check that the joystick was still showing up in settings, which it was, and when I went back into game it responded again for a short while.

After testing and experimenting for a few hours I have worked out the below.

1. When the joysitck stops responding, its actually moving only an extremely small amount, and by small I mean millimeters on screen.

2. most of the time, if I hit 'm' and go to the map screen and back in, the ship will respond again for a short period.

3. if I teleport to another ship it responds normally for as long as I am in the ship. Once I teleport back to the asgard, it works for a short period then stops again.

4. I researched online and found someone else had a problem with the T16000 and it was because the throttle and joystick were 1 and 2 on the controllers list, so I swapped them so the joysitck was 1 and throttle was 2 and re-configured the settings. This made no difference.

5. I have swapped the controller configuration from my custom config to the X4 preconfigured settings.
This made no difference.

6. I have moved USB cables around just incase it was interference from power cables or something. This made no difference either.

7. The issue persists after rebooting the PC.

8. I also read about issues with Samsung SSDs and the Samsung Magician software with Rapid mode on.
I have Samsung drives but not Magician / rapid mode installed.

9. I have checked drivers and firmware for the HOTAS and it is all up to date.

I have a few mods installed, but I have not thought to remove them yet and will try that tonight and update this post.

Hopefully someone has an idea of whats going on and how to fix it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Thrustmaster T16000 with Asgard steering issues

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 14:08

The fact that it works properly for a while and then stops doing so could indicate that a set of circumstances is happening that causes it to stop responding as intended. Can you think of anything that you were doing in-game or happened externally just before the problems start, and is there any common theme?

I would start by checking that there is not a button or throttle that is sticking and that may interfere with game input. Another is that there is no magic combination of buttons on the stick that might be being pressed by accident that changes its gamemode, sensitivity, analogue-digital setting, etc.

Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Candaan001
x4

Re: Thrustmaster T16000 with Asgard steering issues

Post by Candaan001 » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 05:39

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your input.
I must admit it seems to happen when I'm destroying a station but then I haven't thought to try flying though open space, so I'll try that tonight.
As it only happens on the Asgard, I wonder if there is some sort of input buffer for the Asgard that is bombing out.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”