[1464]Wares transfers between ships issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

[1464]Wares transfers between ships issue

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 20:28

Transferring wares between an NPC-piloted ship and the player ship, if the player is in the pilot's seat, does not work. Replacing the player with an NPC pilot lets the transfer complete. This is new to 4.1 since it works fine in my 4.0 GOG game. Doesn't matter what ship types are used, or what wares are being exchanged. The transfer initiates but never completes until the player is replaced by an NPC as pilot.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1464]Wares transfers between ships issue

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 22:47

Hmm, I have certainly noted that transfer behaviour well before 4.10 vanilla. It quickly became standard procedure for me to give up the pilot's seat during transfers involving my ship in versions well before 4.10 to initiate the transfer. Whether 4.0 GOG is in any way 'special' I could not say as mine is the Steam game.

There is a certain logic to that restriction as, with the player as pilot, their ship could be undocked or do some other unacceptable or unforeseen action mid-transfer.

What has certainly improved in later versions is the stability of the transfers (with both ships with NPC captains/pilots); I found transfers between a player S ship docked on a player M ship significantly risked ending up with one or both ships in a permanently stuck critical transfer state in my version 3.x games. It seems to work just fine in 4.10.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1464]Wares transfers between ships issue

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 19:38

Well, I don't always have an NPC on board my ship to do that, so the game just hangs. If it was Egosoft's intention to prevent the issues you mention, then a much better way would be to give a message to the player to that effect and not even initiate the transfer, or simply not let the player's ship undock and again let the player know why. In NPC to NPC transfers, if you give one of the ships another order, it will ignore it until the transfer is complete. IMO, the player should be treated the same way. As it is now, it just seems like a bug.

As for you seeing it in past games, I don't know your circumstances, but I can say that in my case, that has never happened until 4.10, which is why I noticed it and brought it up.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”