[4.1 + DLC's] Trade failing due to missing Cargo Drone. Why?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

[4.1 + DLC's] Trade failing due to missing Cargo Drone. Why?

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:09

Hey all,

I've noticed something a little odd and wanted to run it by others to see what they think.

I have Three L-Class Mining ships working for a Station that consumes Ore. Two of these ships have been really slow mining, despite having a decent crew and being well equipped. The third ship is often surprisingly quick to gather a similar load of Ore, yet has comparable crew stats but one more mining Turret. So, I assumed that was why it was performing significantly better. I do mean significantly too, in the time the other two have returned with one load of Ore, this one has done two or three sometimes.

Anyway, I just noticed that the two "slow" miners have been spamming "trade failed due to missing cargo drones" (or words to that effect) messages. Indeed, they have several failed trade orders in their list due to this. However, as these ships just supply my station and said station has ample Cargo Drones, this is totally irrelevant. I've NOT installed Cargo Drones on ANY of the L-Class Mining ships, just Ore Collectors and a couple of Repair Drones. So, they've never actually needed Cargo Drones of their own. Ever.

So, what's with these failed order messages? And why do only two of the Miners have this message - the really slow two - and the other, which also has, and never has had, and Cargo Drones work just fine?

Trying to find a logical explanation for what's going on here, and why the game is generating these failed order messages when there's zero valid reason for the orders to ever fail.

Note: I do use some mods, so this is not a formal bug report, however, I can see no reason why any of these mods could cause the incorrect failed order message on two out of three ships.

Note 2: Ever since the change that made Kha'ak spawn and go after mining ships, I've exclusively used L-Class miners to collect Ore and Silicon for my stations. These ships never have Cargo Drones, relying on the Station's Cargo Drones solely.

Scoob.

vr01
x4

Re: [4.1 + DLC's] Trade failing due to missing Cargo Drone. Why?

Post by vr01 » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 07:00

I've noticed a lot of those failed order messages as well. Like you they are for my miners that are only supplying my mining collector stations that have cargo drones. The miners are still operating. I just deleted the error messages. Vanilla game

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:39

From my experience each L pier needs 10 cargo drones as a single miner without cargo drones can use 10. If the station runs out of cargo drones due to all of them being busy, that failed order will be generated. For example if you have a 3 pier with 20 cargo drones and 3 such miners are trying to unload at the same time, one of them will fail due to lack of cargo drones as the other two miners will use all 20 leaving none available for the third.

This data was from using Terran L miners. Actual number of cargo drones might be related to the storage capacity of the miner.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 12:00

Any investigation into this would require the save related to the issue though, without it it's a lot of guess work.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”