GOG, game

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flashand
x4

GOG, game

Post by Flashand » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:22

can you re-upload the game to GOG, as there are several breaks due to UNK errors.

I am in the middle of several quest lines, EX : FRF quest to blow up station and release prisoners. requires the release of ship to character to progress. The video pops up but never plays to release the ship, 45min of waiting for it to progress. stuck (nvidea gtx 1050 ti (4 g) 32 g ram. win 10, dxdiag no errrors on any page.

verified the files however i am a bit far to clean download.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: GOG, game

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 09:36

With so little information, we're not even going to be able to identify what problem you're having, let alone determine whether there is something we need to fix. Please see the sticky threads at the top of the forum regarding the information you need to provide; most important are your game version, whether or not it's modified, your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, and a savegame that shows the problem you are having, with clear instructions on how to reproduce it.

I'm also not sure what re-uploading the game to GOG would achieve. The version there is the current version, and is the same as the one on Steam.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 02:44

videos are getting stuck instead of playing full out right. Some will pause before playing and some out and out do not play. There for after verifying all of my files, making sure that all of my components are up to date. It is not a file that i am missing that i have access to there for, there is only one conclusion

THE FILE IS UNAVAILABLE or has been erroneously deleted.

I have seen this many times over the last few years. One update gets installed then removed or one line is corrupted. Files do get deleted erroneously, an example that i actually verify over on UBISoft their download site accidentally delete 3.4 meg of silent hunter 5. I had them reinstall it to their down loader after arguing for over a month. When they did reinstall it the game updated and was playable, some of the BUGS that were popping up were removed simply because the files were then available in the computer that was playing the game. Now as i have gone through all the trouble of verifying all of my files reinstalling the game pulling the save files off to the side and clean installing the game, (did that 10-17-10-18) making sure everything i have is up to date, i can only come to one conclusion. The place that holds the game for online download has a corrupted file or files and we are getting the result in bugs.

So please, reinstall the game to the download site, this might actually fix several of the bugs i and other are having.

FOR EXAMPLE :
Bug: mining not dropping space flys or unstables etc.
BUG: faction not updating except when a kill is performed.
Bug: quest lines not updateing at prescribed locations
BUG: shall i go on??

this can and does occur.

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:02

Why should they do?
Are you shure your Harddrive isnt damaged?
Are you shure your Windows software isnt corrupt?
Are you shure your Graphic drivers is at healthy state?
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 09:36
Please see the sticky threads at the top of the forum regarding the information you need to provide; most important are your game version, whether or not it's modified, your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, and a savegame that shows the problem you are having, with clear instructions on how to reproduce it.
I can`t see the information you need to provide. There are so many factors that no one knows. A lot issuses are wrong or outdated driver updates (not only Graphics card).

o7

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 09:21

Sorry OP, but your "conclusion" is completely unfounded. We can and do verify every upload, and the video problems you are describing are ones that pretty much invariably involve issues with the system they are installed on, not the files that have been uploaded. Us re-uploading the same files is not going to solve anything.

As for the other "bugs" you have listed, they may or may not be problems, but we have no way of knowing without proper descriptions, and the information I requested in my previous post. Unless you provide those, we are not going to be able to help you.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 02:40

drive> programfiles(86)> goggalaxy> games > x4 foundations > no save game file or folder

primary disk has no GOG files nor x4 files

your pinned we require this from you does not have a location of asked for file,

the premis is there are bugs in a game, your statement that this is false is pretty funny.

found it after i went to the primary forum index and looked over there for the location
will upload as soon as i figure out wich file is my current game, and wich one has the bugs listed above HA all of them do ...
Last edited by Flashand on Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 03:10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jGYvu ... sp=sharing
has all the bugs listed above, video broken Split quest, faction errors (1) not able to update with out combat, faction errors (2) unable to get terran to update their faction quest level (at highest level cannot access quests) so that i can action faction quests, unable to get drops (crystals, eggs etc)

if you can use that file (public) not sure if it will work i usually email it to devs,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ce0dUX ... sp=sharing .. this one was passed all the errors for the split that the earlier one had have not progressed story further than after the above quest section was completed. had the non drops from mining, in this save. did not check faction errors.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 07:38

I am not sure to understand what you are saying, but I loaded you first save and did not found issues.
I can progress into the Split diplomatic quest, find terran missions, get asteroid crystals.
So it looks like the issues are 100% on your side.
Right on commander !

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 17:50

I have loaded your save too, and cant find any of the bugs you are telling.
-Have done the Splitquestline until Dal/Split gives you the order to build a Fleet. Dal/Split Videos are loading.
Flashand wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 02:40
not able to update with out combat, faction errors (2
not shure what you are mean, the mission order is clear: protect the Ship (OOS battles are actually not really working or it takes hours that is true)

-Have mined some Crystals.
-Have accept a Rankup mission for Terrean vs. Xenon (after that these Faction missions are Spawning)

I made a Video to prove this, if you want i can upload it to YouTube.

What i can tell:
-I have the feeling that playing with your save is more laggy/performence heavy that i usally have.
This CAN be that someting in your save is going wrong but my Hardware isn´t the best to play X4.

Error (1):
-not loading Videos (Dal) CAN be that X4 has not full Access to the installed files.
Flashand wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 02:40
drive> programfiles(86)> goggalaxy> games > x4 foundations > no game file or folder
If "drive" means it is your C:\ drive: try to give full rights to X4 (write and read). I recommend installing it on a secondary Harddrive.
It is possible that your Antivirus software is blocking the rights to X4. Go into your Antivirus Software and give X4 a exception.
It is also possible that your Harddrive is damaged (saying just for completion)

The request to reupload the gamefiles to GOG:
I am playing on Steam, im not shure but if i get right, Steam and GOG sharing the same files.

o7

*Edit* I have sometimes not loading Dal Viedos after long time playing. Restarting X4 helps but my HQ is a big Complex.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 19:44

The Dal (and others) video/audio lag issue is a real one not restricted to GOG, especially since COH. Examples here and here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:29

With "not loading", i mean it is not loading ever (5min of wait) and there where uhm... a grizzling screen that is not grizziling... the grizzle is not moving/stuck (sorry bad englisch dont know how to explain :) ).
I found the solution on Goole with the Antivirus exeption, and yes, other problems where fixed too but this is another Story (version 3.0)

o7

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:26

i have a 8 gig video that i am not going to upload any where that shows that i can not get on the ship i am standing in front of and take control of ship, the video is not playing correctly at all. there is a file missing

just so every one comprehends, these issues were not in the game a week prior to the last patch the day after the patch these bugs were in the game

NO steam and GOG do not use the same save file area as steam uses steams servers and gog uses gog servers. so it is possible that your game has the missing files that my game does not have there for the devs need to reupload the game to fix files.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 16:11

i left the game running for 12 consecutive hours, and the quest did not update . . hmm guess after reinstalling the game for the fourth time verifyin all files for the twentieth time, making sure all my files are up to date for the twentieth time, etc and so ****** forth it is still on my end. SO this is still a ****** bug i am still staring at the seat that i cannot click on becuase the little pop up video will not finish playing i can click on everything else but i cannot take control over this

how to replicate,
ONLY HAVE YOUR COMPUTER FILES FROM GOG not from the dev server not from steam not from any other location only gog

play the split story line to this point .. i have another game that is stuck at this point as well.

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 17:07

The real problem is: You're the only one who report this. Maybe the Header needs a bit more information to attract some other GOG users into this. (e.g. X4 on GOG not working properly.... or something)

o7

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 01:49

I'm on GOG, not having any issues, but there is not enough information from the OP so far to help and try to replicate the problem.

There are a few ways you can start a GOG game of X4

1. Only using GOG Galaxy, which can download and install the game and updates thereafter, and launch the game from Galaxy.
2. Using GOG Galaxy to download and install the game and updates, but then closing down GOG Galaxy and running the game directly from the X4.exe
3. Not using GOG Galaxy at all, manually downloading and installing the game using Offline Installers, and running the game directly from its X4.exe

Right now, I am using either 1. or 2. because when Experimental updates become available I wish to take part which is only available via GOG Galaxy 3xperimental branch.

When the game one day stops getting any updates, I will revert to my preferred method of option Number 3.

Point is can I help in any way to see if there is anything wrong with the files .. But to do that I would need to know how the OP is getting set up.

If you have done the same as me to get the installation via GOG Galaxy, then I cannot agree that there is anything wrong with the games setup. I do not experience the same issues.

If you have used just the Offline Manual Installation files, that may be where the problem lies, because I haven't tried that for a long while with the X4 game (and historically I have experienced GOGs Offline manual installation files having problems that GOG Galaxy or Steam users will not experience).

TLDR: I will have a go with your save file once I know how I need to setup my game to be the same as your setup, and then see if I can reproduce the issues.
(Edit: And fingers crossed my laptop will be able to handle everything you may have built in the game).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 08:35

Loading the save and proceeding via GoG Offline installers X4 4.10 with COH 4.10 and SV 3.2

I had the video com handing over the Getaway ship load twice, 3rd time it didn't seem to want to load (static + no audio) although it did proceed to switch ownership. Had the other video coms load and play as normal. (But I've considered the occassional comm static as normal)

Asteriods seem to spawn containers as normal.

-- Ormac

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 23:28

my game is vannila , period split and terran dlc

i installed the game on a separate computer and DLd the file onto it. still had the same hang after an hour of waiting.

as i have stated a couple times the game ran perfectly until the last update on gog the day prior to the post start date ( i think)

my set up is a 4 gig NVIDIA 1050 gti, and 32 gig ram on win 10. with dx 11 /12 compatibility. not using dx 12 with this game as it is not compatible as far as i can tell.

currently the game is at 18.7 gig 20,115,652,608 w 270 files 12 folders

comodo is playing nice with it since 2019

every thing including mother board is up to date,

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 01:19

So you're saying the bug you are experiencing in the handing over of the getaway ship in the Split Campaign?

When the ship ownership is transferred the player logo will be applied so did you check the ship exterior or any internal markings.

When the comm didn't appear (that third time) I went back to the landing pad to check mission guidance.

-- Ormac

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 04:47

Flashands report about the not loading Video is true. Under Special circumstance the Video to deliver the escape ship isn't loading.
There is a trick how to abort such coms->On the Station there should be staying serval NPC´s->simply talk to them and the Comms get aborted and the ship is delivered to you.

I have to go to Work and have not the Time to write down the Steps to reproduce. I'll make it later in an extra Post because it has nothing to do with the GOG client.
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442786&p=5086295#p5086295

strange thing with Flashands issue is: After reloading the Save right before enter the Ship, the Video is loading. @Flashhand: Maybe there is something other going wrong with your x4-Client too.
*edit* after some more investigation: the Video is not always loaded after reloading the Save, but if i try it a 3rd time everything is ok

o7

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 16:47

today a random update to the game happened, not only that but the verification file went from 148 mb to 153 mb so in short this is fixed.

however i received 12 mb of data from the update and another 5 mb from the verification. hmm guess i was wrong the whole time,

Thank you to who ever it was that listened to me and re-uploaded the game files to gog.

what happened on log in, the ship was released to me , and i gained about 40 faction around the board, 5 from split 7 from taladi, etc ... and where ever i went there were massive amounts of crystals and space flies, couldnt get them all but now able to sell 2 spacecaviar, and make about 15 emps

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”