4.10 is there a way to switch off the resource probe info label? - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Submarine
x3tc

4.10 is there a way to switch off the resource probe info label? - Explained.

Post by Submarine » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:10

I am finding the resource probe info label intrusive because of the way they hang around the middle of the map and obscure details at any zoom but its worse at high zoom as the summed sector info blots out more of the map. They are like ship info labels in this regard, not optimally placed out of the way and afaik not possible to toggle off.

Is there any way to toggle it off? Or do I just have to collect all my resource probes and ignore the miantenance missions?
bloop

Flashand
x4

Re: 4.10 is there a way to switch off the resource probe info label?

Post by Flashand » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:53

if they are permenantly on, then its a bug i think. you might need to go and click on each one then click off to the side. i dont knwo if there is a way to shut them all off

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 08:00

You can turn off the yield info card and the range circles by turning off the appropriate filter. Click filter setting to open that window, then choose resources (not sure if correct name) and then turn the entire resource filter off. You will still be able to see resource probes on the map, but they will not have an info card hovering above them and will not show their range indicator circles while the filter is disabled.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:37

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 08:00
You can turn off the yield info card and the range circles by turning off the appropriate filter. Click filter setting to open that window, then choose resources (not sure if correct name) and then turn the entire resource filter off. You will still be able to see resource probes on the map, but they will not have an info card hovering above them and will not show their range indicator circles while the filter is disabled.
Yaay! found it thanks, one of the other filter tabs "Mining Filters" the button for "show resource information". Toggled off, the probe info boxes go away. Had a feeling I had missed something.

Thank goodness.

Now all we need is a filter for the ship info box. :)
bloop

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.10 is there a way to switch off the resource probe info label? - Explained.

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 20:58

Submarine wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:37
Now all we need is a filter for the ship info box.
There is one in a tab of that same filter window. Except for the ship you currently have selected which will always show the card for.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”