Bug. Wrong Cursor. Can't click on anything.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diroc
x4

Bug. Wrong Cursor. Can't click on anything.

Post by Diroc » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 05:05

There is a bug where if you teleport Shift-D (Back to your ship) while in a station. (Might also work with teleport in the map) with the panel selection cursor up, The cursor sticks and doesn't revert to it's normal cursor. Can't click on anything.

Saving the game then reloading fixes it. It's still a bug though.

https://imgur.com/a/320QtVk

The yellow ring cursor is visible after Warping to my ship while talking to Trader Katlin Cheram as shown here.
Also happens with the lift menu active.
Can't click on the chair, the captain, crew or the lift at this point.

Something similar happens in the map with the selection cursor that comes up when you are for example selecting a sector to police. If you exit the map while in the selection cursor, (After clicking on the text box for the sector to police for example) it also sticks and makes clicking on stuff not work in the map when you open it again as the selection cursor is still active. Clicking on stuff in the map stops working with the wrong cursor and right clicking also doesn't work.
Opening the map should reset the cursor to default map cursor.
Teleporting should also reset the character's cursor to default. (As did not happen in the provided picture)

Hope this helps in being able to reproduce the bug(s) to verify and fix.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug. Wrong Cursor. Can't click on anything.

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 12:36

Any chance you have a save where this is happening or have exact step on how to reproduce this? If so please share here, thank you.

MFG

Ketraar

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 01:02

The problem is not persistent beyond saves.
In fact, if you are messed up you can save with F5 then perform a load save to fix it.

If you go into the elevator with the crosshairs over the lift so the gold ring shows up or mouseover the trader to get the gold ring crosshairs and teleport with Shift-D to go to your ship the problem happens.

The problem happens while teleporting with the gold ring active. (Different cursor)
Go into a lift on a station. Point the cursor at the panel. When the gold ring around the cursor appears (Cursor change) teleport with Shift-D back to your ship.
The ring cursor remains permanently active while in the ship and you can't click on anything.

There is a similar problem in the map that messes up the map.
As stated before with regards to this. Click on the empty text box for Sector to police (When assigning a ship to poilce sector)
The cursor changes to a selection cursor. (Expecting you to click on a sector) Close the map (M) without clicking on a sector.
When you open the map again, the selection cursor is active but you can't select anything and it breaks stuff. (Context menu stuff is disabled on the map)

Sorry for the delayed response. I wasn't around the forums for awhile.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 13:47

The first question that comes to mind is: Are you playing with any mods? There are a few mods touching mouse cursors and behavior in general.

I'm thinking, a copy of your config.xml could be very useful in solving the problem.

Also, providing the information requested in the pinned post of this forum is necessary.

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 03:34

No mods (Except Split Vendetta, Cradle of Humanity expansions enabled), nothing special in config. (Except for the new station editor camera line posted in the beta forum).

Haven't tested this bug since I posted the original posting. I should re-check it is still a valid problem.
I noticed what caused the problem. I reported the problem and I avoided reproducing the problem.
I haven't tested this issue since beta branch was active at the time of the original report.
I will edit this post when I verify the bug is or is not still there.
It seemed pretty easy to reproduce on a stock-ish config at the time.

***Update***
I was unable to reproduce since the last update. Apparently things have changed.
Getting out of the map takes several keystrokes now rather than closing immediately with M while selecting a sector for patrol.
The Teleport with the gold ring active no longer locks the Gold cursor when teleporting to the ship. Tried the crafting benches, Trader and Elevators of the station.
Whatever has changed has fixed the problem.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”