Updated game, have no right click function, key binding seem fine - modded suggestions made

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starman01
x4

Updated game, have no right click function, key binding seem fine - modded suggestions made

Post by Starman01 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 21:42

Hi all,

i have updated my game to the latest version. I'm in an advanced savegame with a lot of mods, playing with keyboard and joystick. Mouse control for shipmovement is off.

The game seem to load and launch without problems or errors after updating, but i cannot interact with anything. I have no right-click function anywhere, neither in the lists, nor when clicking on ships or stations on the map itself. Also, the "f" key to open up the context menu on other ships doesn't work either.

Checking the key bindings, everything seems to be fine. I cannot find any threads here or on google, so I suppose this is not a really common problem. Anyone else encountered that and maybe can offer a solution ? I would really like to continue this savegame.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Starman

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Updated game, have no right click function, key binding seem fine

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 11:07

Hello

Chances are one of the mods is cause the issue, as some times they need to be updated to the new version to work right. In any case try deleting your inputmap.xml located in \Documents\Egosoft\X4 and see if that helps.

If not try disabling the mods and see if the issue persist in vanilla state. If not, add one mod at the time until the issue is back and then you know which one to not use.

MFG

Ketraar

Starman01
x4

Re: Updated game, have no right click function, key binding seem fine - modded suggestions made

Post by Starman01 » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 21:14

Thanks for helping, though this really bites... Launching/loading the game takes nearly 5 minutes, and doing that for +50 mods aint fun.... But the mouse works in vanilla, so it must be a mod that i would not suspect, the obvious UI mods (not many of these in my game) didn't cause the problem. One right click on the map, and then the mouse is nearly unresponsive and very lagging until i close and reopen the map again. Mouse works fine for the buttons and the rest of the game, just can't click on any ships or stations. But vanilla game works, so it must be a mod :( Deleted the input file(s), i had 4 of them, didn't work unfortunately.

I'm playing on GOG, is there a way to revert back to 4.03 ? I don't care about 4.10, and I don't want to loose this savegame, +100 hours in and it's really good.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Updated game, have no right click function, key binding seem fine - modded suggestions made

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 11:28

You should be able to revert back to a previous version, depending on the what you are using the method may be different, GOG support should have instructions on how to do it.

MFG

Ketraar

spookywatcher

Post by spookywatcher » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 16:02

Starman01 wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 21:42
Hi all,

i have updated my game to the latest version. I'm in an advanced savegame with a lot of mods, playing with keyboard and joystick. Mouse control for shipmovement is off.

The game seem to load and launch without problems or errors after updating, but i cannot interact with anything. I have no right-click function anywhere, neither in the lists, nor when clicking on ships or stations on the map itself. Also, the "f" key to open up the context menu on other ships doesn't work either.

Checking the key bindings, everything seems to be fine. I cannot find any threads here or on google, so I suppose this is not a really common problem. Anyone else encountered that and maybe can offer a solution ? I would really like to continue this savegame.

Starman
I posted a thread earlier when I saw the same problem with my right click mouse button. I posted back after trouble shooting that it was possibly a bad usb port. But after further testing the problem is still there. I went back to update my post but it was deleted.

So You can put me in the same camp. Right click is borked. I'd try to right click to scan a ship that I was capping and it took several tries. Try to just right click and get info..and it wouldn't

I'm vanilla. No mods. v4.10 Linux GOG.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 16:17

spookywatcher wrote:
Fri, 1. Oct 21, 16:02
I went back to update my post but it was deleted.
It was not deleted.
spookywatcher wrote:
So You can put me in the same camp. Right click is borked.
No, we can't, because the OP has clearly determined that a mod was responsible in their case, and that it worked for them when the mods were removed. So clearly your problem is unrelated, and presumably something local to your installation.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 00:11

Starman01 wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 21:42
Hi all,

Starman

This is the issue with outdated Sir Nukes UI mod and Kurtee mods, either delete or update them. It has nothing to do with base game.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 04:27

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 00:11
This is the issue with outdated Sir Nukes UI mod and Kurtee mods, either delete or update them. It has nothing to do with base game.
And to clarify, most of these mods have been updated to work with 4.1, so you should check which versions you have installed.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

spookywatcher

Post by spookywatcher » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 17:00

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 1. Oct 21, 16:17
spookywatcher wrote:
I went back to update my post but it was deleted.
It was not deleted.
spookywatcher wrote:
So You can put me in the same camp. Right click is borked.
No, we can't, because the OP has clearly determined that a mod was responsible in their case, and that it worked for them when the mods were removed. So clearly your problem is unrelated, and presumably something local to your installation.
When I click on your link CBJ it says "You are not authorised to read this forum." And when I click on my profile and go to show my posts...it's not there. When I go to "Search" box and type in keywords to find my post, it's nowhere to be found.

I was going to update my thread to say..that I may have been premature stating that it was solved and there may still be a problem and that I was going to troubleshoot more. Couldn't do that...so when I found this thread I jumped in to say that I believe OP is not alone. I won't be able to troubleshoot for a week due to work, but I will as soon as I can. And just like OP as soon as I updated to 4.10 I noticed the right click. But unlike OP I have never installed any mods.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 11:21

spookywatcher wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 17:00
When I click on your link CBJ it says "You are not authorised to read this forum." And when I click on my profile and go to show my posts...it's not there. When I go to "Search" box and type in keywords to find my post, it's nowhere to be found.
Sorry, your topic seems to have been victim of our Spamkiller Overlord, which wrongly moved it. It has been now moved back.

MFG

Ketraar

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 04:49

I recently experienced the loss of right-click function in the map. Selecting with the left mouse button didn't work either. I worked around it by spamming ESC and DEL a few times and did notice that I closed the map window, then the logical overview, and then another map window. Probably one of them was stealing focus.

I've tried thinking about what I did differently since it's not happened very often lately.

I did replace a mouse that I thought was causing problems, but it's probably fine and may take it back into service.

So there is at least one bug to be hunted down that is probably related to window management.

I skimmed through the debug log, but there weren't any errors that I could connect to window management (or UI in general).

And yes, I run an unmodded game and will try to hunt the bug down and reproduce it with a less messy save.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 12:30

HI all,

i'm so sorry, i totally missed that this thread was going one. I was able to fix my problem, the culprit was the "MOD SUPPORT API".... It has now been updated one Nexus, my problem is gone and everything works flawless at the moment.
However, if anyone has this problem, first check what mods you are using that need this base mod at all, since it might break again in the future, in my case it was just one mod that i can even live without.

Cheers
Starman

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”