[4.10] Construction wares needed but station is built. - explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddwarf
x4

[4.10] Construction wares needed but station is built. - explained

Post by Baddwarf » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 10:59

Hi,

- Version : 4.10
- Language : French
- Game : not modified
- Issue : At the end of the construction or modification of a station, I noticed that resources were still required. It happens since 4.10. All station built in 4.0 and not modified in 4.10 don't need wares.
- Screen : https://imgur.com/a/rsRru6o
- Game start : scientist

Regards,
Un bon xenon est un xenon en confettis

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: [4.10] Construction wares needed but station is built.

Post by Old Drullo321 » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 11:47

I guess this is no bug. It seems some of your station modules have defence modules. And you didn't provide all the wares. Building station modules and defense on them works separately so this is why your builder already finished. You can see this behaviour when you try to build a minimal defense station for a mission and do not provide the ressources for the defense turrets. The station is already built, albeit ressources are required for the turrets.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 12:48

It is likely that some loadout preset is trying to build turrets and shields on your modules even if you did not intend that to happen. I have been caught out like that by discovering a defences preset becoming enabled during construction where I had not personally set nor wanted it. (I like to put all my defences onto the defence discs and bridges that I place strategically where I want them.)

Also remember any need for components for missiles and/or drones for the station.

You don't need a builder ship to be present for constructing station defences, just the resources.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:01

Noticed same issue as topic creator. All wares were delivered or scheduled to be delivered. Suddenly all my traders started piling in wares as if it needed more despite the construction overview saying it had more than enough for the entire build of that type of ware. Result is left over wares in the station build storage after construction has finished (estimated cost is 0, all modules built, all turrets should be built).

I was building a remote trade station delivering Terran construction wares using repeat order traders. Initially, when ordered, it had no turrets, but I changed that before construction began. It firstly refused to order the additional wares for the turrets until the wares for the first order were partly delivered. Then when the station was built and only some wares for turrets were left, when the final delivery was reserved it started accepting orders for wares it already had all that was required. I had to manually cancel these sales and even then it had already delivered too much. Station turrets finished construction, construction budget estimate is 0 and excess wares are now left.

Next time I will check if it is still issuing buy orders if I give it money, or if it is an error with the repeat order sale logic that allows it to act as transfer orders once all build orders are finished.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”