Latest update removed all asteroids - Due to 3rd party mod.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dsilverthorn13
x4

Latest update removed all asteroids - Due to 3rd party mod.

Post by dsilverthorn13 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:24

After updating to 4.10 all of the asteroids are now gone.
Tried at Argon Prime as well as several other sectors and no asteroids are there. AI ships are mining the invisible asteroids and I can see them on radar, but they are not there. I can even fly right through where the radar states that they are and nothing happens.

I tried restarting, and did a removal and reinstall from Steam last night and still no asteroids.
I cannot do any mining.

I will try a manual uninstall and reinstall to a new location, but this is very confusing.

Please let me know what to try next to bring back my favorite mining game.

I appreciate it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Latest update removed all asteroids

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:44

I don't have any information about your game, system or set up and so it is difficult to say anything to help you.

I can say that in my vanilla 4.10 game, all the asteroids are fine. I notice though that you said restarted and then reinstalled in that order, where perhaps verifying/reinstalling and then restarting (ie not using a perhaps already corrupted/modded save) may have been a better sequence.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:32

dsilverthorn13 wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:24
After updating to 4.10 all of the asteroids are now gone.
Tried at Argon Prime as well as several other sectors and no asteroids are there. AI ships are mining the invisible asteroids and I can see them on radar, but they are not there. I can even fly right through where the radar states that they are and nothing happens.
This shouldn't happen. Do you have a save from before the asteroids disappeared?

Are you doing manual mining and there are no visible asteroids? Any in map if you activate scan mode? Also, provide the information that Alan Phipps pointed you to as it may be very useful.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 18:15

was any mods installed at the time?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

dsilverthorn13
x4

Post by dsilverthorn13 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:34

Thanks for the help and attention!

It turned out to be a mod that needed updating. Fade in Asteroids mod.
I removed it and everything is back to normal.
I appreciate the direction to the problem!

For the record, I installed from Steam and using Win10 with an i7 2600 and a GTX 1060 using Ultra settings. The game runs great again. :D

Keep up the great work.
I have to remember to check the mods after an update. :roll:

Have a great day!!
David

dsilverthorn13
x4

Post by dsilverthorn13 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:44
I don't have any information about your game, system or set up and so it is difficult to say anything to help you.

I can say that in my vanilla 4.10 game, all the asteroids are fine. I notice though that you said restarted and then reinstalled in that order, where perhaps verifying/reinstalling and then restarting (ie not using a perhaps already corrupted/modded save) may have been a better sequence.
Allan,

Thank you. I did not mention that, I did a verify files (all were fine), then uninstalled and reinstalled, and tried a new unmodded game, with no help. Then I installed to a new hard drive. And then checked the mod listings and noticed that an old asteroid mod needed updated. (that should have been my first check, live and learn) Strange that it still didn't show asteroids in an vanilla game, so I just got rid of that mod. After removing that mod, I loaded my save game and everything is as it should be. I like doing manual mining and my wife and I love searching for crystals, it is a great relaxation tool after a hard day. I steer and she does the shooting and is a great shot.
My AI miners still worked fine through this, I just couldn't see a single asteroid in any system. Glad that is fixed and now I know what to look for if it happens again.

Sorry for the trouble and I appreciate the help!!!!

I hope if someone else runs into this, my missed step narrated here my help them solve the problem.

I always love the help and solutions I can get from the forums. That is one of the great benefits to the X community.

Make it a great day!
David

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”