4.10 - Xenon ship modules missing

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

4.10 - Xenon ship modules missing

Post by Panos » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 10:36

Hi,

There is discussion about Xenon been weak especially post 4.10. When made the post below I was told by linolafett these are bugs and need to be reported here.
Before further huge changes maybe egosoft look at?

Fill up all the Xenon capital ship shield slots. They do not even have shields and their turrets get destroyed when they blow up a station module or another capital ship. After that they are fodder. Make the repair time faster.

I play without mods and saves from the current play-through are been posted on the other bug reported created this week.

I hope didn't waste your time with something that is discussed in the other subforum for weeks.

Thank you :)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 29. Sep 21, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split 2 issues into separate threads.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 4.10 - Xenon ship modules missing

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:20

Hi. In regards to the Xenon ships missing shields and having their other surface elements destroyed, could you please upload a save with one of these affected ships? I've had a look with the savegame your provided here and all Xenon K's have 15 shield generators. Not all of them operational of course, but nothing that looks wrong.

Edit: The Xenon I's seem to be lacking about half of their shields, so perhaps that's where we'll start.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 14:18

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:20
Hi. In regards to the Xenon ships missing shields and having their other surface elements destroyed, could you please upload a save with one of these affected ships? I've had a look with the savegame your provided here and all Xenon K's have 15 shield generators. Not all of them operational of course, but nothing that looks wrong.

Edit: The Xenon I's seem to be lacking about half of their shields, so perhaps that's where we'll start.
Hi,
Thank you very much.

Asked others who have uploaded images with XEN capitals having the same issue to post here their save files if they play with vanilla game. :)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 29. Sep 21, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 06:37

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:20

It is months I saids it and displayed pictures on this forum and steam ones. You dont even need saves. You just have to open xenon K and I macro. the rules is two medium shield for one L turret.

below the xenon k faulty macro part, at X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\units\size_xl\macros\ship_xen_xl_destroyer_01_a_macro

<groups>
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group01" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group02" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group03" exact="2" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group04" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group05" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group06" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group07" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group08" exact="1" optional="1" />
<shields macro="shield_xen_m_standard_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group09" exact="4" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_m_laser_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group01" exact="3" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_l_laser_01_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group02" exact="2" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_m_laser_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group04" exact="2" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_l_laser_01_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group05" exact="1" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_l_laser_01_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group06" exact="1" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_m_laser_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group07" exact="1" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_m_laser_02_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group08" exact="1" optional="1" />
<turrets macro="turret_xen_l_laser_01_mk1_macro" path=".." group="group09" exact="2" optional="1" />
</groups>

The group 9 for a reason I ignore have it s shield quota. However group 5 and 6 have only one shield instead of 2, and group 2 only one instead of 4. Now if you low on the xenon K xml file you will see that all slots exists with location and quaternion. However like macro specify for the group 2, only one solt will be filled and the three other will be empty. The same problem exist for Xenon I.

Xenon K also have only L thruster despite it is an XL ship. It makes it a very clumsy ship. The issue is present both on Macro and xml file.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”