Select Sector menu in map/commands - crashes script/map and dumps back to cockpit (unmodded/replication steps included)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coruskane
x4

Select Sector menu in map/commands - crashes script/map and dumps back to cockpit (unmodded/replication steps included)

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 12:37

I was getting this issue in modded playthrough with a variety of commands using Select Sector interface but I can replicate in unmodded with any command that uses a Select Sector interface (not the new dropdown menu - the one where you select a sector in the map)

Version 4.10 458643 steam

Steps to replicate:

- Custom start > give yourself another ship + 5* pilot (in my case a Sunder gas miner)
- Map > Property menu > select the other ship > Default Behaviour > command
- for this unmodded test, we are using 'Revisit known stations', but same issue occurs for many commands that use a sector as input (for example, mod scout/explorer scripts)
- for the parameter "Space" : click the parameter input box, right click on a sector in map and choose "Select" (this will work)
- for the parameter "Space" : click the parameter input box, right click on a sector in map and choose "Select" (this will fail, freeze the screen and dump you out the map/command interface back to your cockpit)

Basically, Select Sector seems to work if no sector is already selected but fails if another is already selected. This is a critical problem for any command that pre-populates sector (e.g. with the ship's current sector)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”