[4.10] Missing full sale price of goods for station trader - explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stoo42
x4

[4.10] Missing full sale price of goods for station trader - explained

Post by Stoo42 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 12:11

I've seen a few posts elsewhere along these lines before, but none of the answers seem to actually answer the fundamental problem that I'm seeing.
It seems so obviously wrong though, that I thought for ages that I was missing something.

However, I've tried to find a record of the missing money, and it just doesn't seem to be anywhere.

The issue is with a trade ship assigned as a subordinate to a station.

I've got a tiny ship to use as an example in my screenshot below. I have a trader (EEF-933) assigned to a station. It has bought 77 Teladianium for 17,077 Cr.

It has then sold this Teladianium. This has given me a "profit" of 622Cr. But where is the original 17,077Cr that I spent on it in the first place? There should be an increase of 17,699Cr recorded somewhere, as that is what the Teladianium would have been sold for in order to generate the 622Cr profit.

I bought stuff for X, I sold it for Y, but nowhere is that Y actually credited to my accounts, even tho they definitely took the X!
I've checked the logbooks for the ship (which basically don't work when its a subordinate), the log for the station (pictured below), and the player logbook (which has no reference at all to anything to do with this station or ship).

So my big question is: Where is the missing 17,077Cr from the final sale? The graphs don't report it, there's a big drop when the goods were bought, and then only a teeny tiny rise when they're sold. If this trade was actually a profit, you'd expect the bank balance to actually go up after the two transactions, but thats not the case

Its like its only counting what would be the profit and adding only that to the account, rather than adding back the actual sale price. There's nothing to cancel out the original purchase. According to the graphs and my accounts, this trade actually LOST me 16,455 Cr.

As I said, this seems like such an obvious bug/problem, I thought I had to be missing something, but nowhere across any account does this trade appear to actually make me money. What am I missing? Is there a secret other account somewhere that this money goes to? I cant believe no one has noticed or brought this up here before as far as I can see.. I have to be missing something... right?

At this point I'd say there's no point having trading subordinates on stations, as all evidence I've seen so far shows them losing money no matter what as the final sale prices are never recorded or added to an account anywhere.

https://i.imgur.com/Cgswos9.png

Game details:
4.10 English
No mods, no addons, just plain game, launched through Steam.
Playing the female Split start (although this doesn't matter, this problem has bugged me since I started playing the game ages ago)
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 19. Sep 21, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.10] Missing full sale price of goods for station trader

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 13:03

In your screenshot there is only little to see, but from that it sais the ship bought 77 Teladianium for 213.71 which is 16455.67, but since it had reserved 17077 it made a "profit" of 622.

16455 + 622 = 17077

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: Meaning it has not sold the Teladianium yet.

Stoo42
x4

Re: [4.10] Missing full sale price of goods for station trader - explained

Post by Stoo42 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 01:50

In this instance it was the ledger on the station itself. The trader had most definitely acquired and then disposed of the goods.

I'm just getting my game to a state where everything else is stopped, and will have just a single trader perform one of these trades, and then can post the ledger and graphs from both station account, and personal account to show that the money has dropped like it did in this instance.

I'm honestly just hoping to prove myself wrong, because it just cant be like this - however every explanation I've had from people so far hasn't been whats happening.
I'm sure I'm missing something, its just not the things people suggest so far ;-)

Will post again when I can get clean data

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”