[4.10] New filter behaviour makes profitable manual trading impossible?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tonk99

[4.10] New filter behaviour makes profitable manual trading impossible?

Post by Tonk99 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 11:16

Hello everybody,

I have a huge problem with the new feature/bug "Improved Map behaviour to show highlighted wares even if filters would otherwise exclude them." introduced in 4.10. I usually command my dozens of L trading vessels by hand, cause auto trading seems not to be as profitable as doing it manually. For this I always used the filters in the map. So what I did is selecting one of my L vessels, setting the filter to only show the goods I want to trade e.g. Microchips and also set the filter to only show offers with big amounts. I want so sell my whole cargo at once, cause my L vessels waste much time in the docking process. Doing it this way, I was able to quickly set up many very profitable trading commands, which kept my vessel busy for hours earning multi millions. This seems to be impossible with 4.10 cause the filter for a special ware can not be combined with the amount filter anymore. When I set the filter to only show e.g. Microchips, it shows me as "best" deal deals which only contains a very little amount. This makes absolutely no sense for my L vessels cause of the slow docking process.

Am I using it wrong? Is there a way to get the old behaviour back so that I am able to combine both filters again?

Best regards!
Tonk99

LameFox
x4

Re: [4.10] New filter behaviour makes profitable manual trading impossible?

Post by LameFox » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 17:21

I am not entirely sure whether it overrides the amount setting entirely, or just decides to show you smaller amounts when no larger ones are available. The former would definitely be pretty annoying.

I have still been able to trade manually in the mean time by checking the amounts and only trading in wares that have large enough buy orders to bother my ships with. There seem to be enough of these for me but maybe the situation is different in your game.
***modified***

macauley
x4

Post by macauley » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 11:25

Am having the same issue with my palythrough on save games, Mod or unMod. The other problem is i cant choose which type of resource I want to trade I.E Soild or liquid it just shows them all.

Scheldon
x4

Post by Scheldon » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:14

I have the same issue in my game... If I choose any specific "trade product" in filter, other filter's setup is stoping to work. For example I would like to find cheapest Comp. Sub. as there is a lack of that product in my factory and I need it to build station. I'm choosing appropriate product in filter and set up to show me only offers which are not from my stations. Unfortunatelly, because filter is not working correctly (individual trader product set is overwriting all other set ups), it is showing me all posible offers from my stations too, hence I'm not able to find in easy way good offerts for product.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”