[4.10] Slow Travel Speed Teladi Vulture - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

b3p3s
x4

[4.10] Slow Travel Speed Teladi Vulture - Explained.

Post by b3p3s » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 23:52

Hello.

Version 4.10 (458643)
Game start: The Unworthy Entrepreneur
18 hours into the game I realized that the Vulture Vanguard trader is trading very slow.
I restarted a new game with the same game start and checked with the same tool and it was the same result.
Link that shows an image of how slow the Vulture travel speed and acceleration is compared to other Teladi Trade Ship S and L:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2604495886
It looks to me that this is not the intended speed, since the L trader is bigger and have faster acceleration and travel speed.
I used Teladi Travel Engine Mk1 for comparison in the screenshot. Same result with the other engines, so it seems to be the Vulture ship (both Vanguard & Sentinel), not the engine.
Might be same with the Osprey Vanguard & Sentinel

Thank you.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.10] Slow Travel Speed Teladi Vulture

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 01:17

Looks correct to me. M traders are slow and the Vulture is among the slowest due to also having among the highest storage. If you throw ARG Mk3 travel engines onto it, it will probably be faster. Also When traveling in the highway ring it makes practically no difference.

You cannot compare M traders to S traders as S traders haul a lot less. You cannot compare M traders to L traders because L traders cannot use highways, have a 20 second odd activation time on travel mode, take a long time to accelerate to top speed while in travel mode and need to queue to enter gates. You need to compare it with other M traders, in which case you will find the Demeter or Boa the best for travel mode haulage and the Vulture the best for highway haulage.

The fastest ship in X4 is an L gas miner, beating the Yaki variant of the Pegasus. As such L ships having fast travel mode is pretty common.

b3p3s
x4

Re: [4.10] Slow Travel Speed Teladi Vulture

Post by b3p3s » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 19:24

Thank you for your reply.
I realize that it was at one point when I was comparing it other ships, and at one point the Demeter and thought it was a bug. (Demeter 2 700 vs Vulture 1 055 was unbelievable)
Forgot to check storage capacity as I was clouded by the travel speed.
I did not know there was a meta layer of hauling on vs. off the ring highway. (This just opened up a new way for me to use the blacklist)
Of course I understand that M ships are slower than S ships, it was just the amount that was absurdly low in my inexperienced eyes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”