4.10 Black Screen on Start-up[GOG]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alpal227

4.10 Black Screen on Start-up[GOG]

Post by alpal227 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 22:43

Hi,

Specifications:
Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Base Model RZ09-0369
Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory:16 GB
GPU's:
(Integrated)Intel UHD Graphics
NVIDIA RTX 3070
DXDIAG: https://pastebin.com/MnyXd3m8

I recently bought X4:Foundations Collectors Edition off of GOG. I'm having some trouble playing the game.
When I press play on GOG Galaxy, I instantly get a black screen with an in-game mouse and no sound. The mouse disappears for a few seconds and then reappears.
After that just constant black screen.
I've tried to do the old google search my problems approach, but I've yet to have any luck with anything working properly.
Notice how I put properly? It's because I've actually got the game to start! Hurray! I disabled my integrated graphics via devmgmt. msc and low and behold, it works!
However the issue became that the game is completely unplayable. I mean the frames were so low I barely escaped from the game.
I'd like to know if its possible to get this black screen issue resolved without disabling the integrated graphics. I'm hoping by doing so, the game might actually work.

Thank you very much.

Skeeter
x3

Re: 4.10 Black Screen on Start-up[GOG]

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:02

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=441795 same issue.

I think editing the config file to switch gpu from onboard to 3070 would work but dont think the other guy tried it even tho i suggested it.

Also the optimus thing is probably not switching correctly if so have a word with nvidia about that would be my advice. If you can somehow disable it or use a profile that might work.

Do you have drivers for onboard gpu and 3070 notebook driver?

Try if u want to configure it in nvidia panel to select prefer high performance. Also u might want to switch windows power mode to high performance or unlock the ultra performance option, (google that one).
https://www.asus.com/uk/support/FAQ/1038387

Also if u have gsync try either enabling if not on, or turning it off if on, it might have a issue with optimus and ur 3070.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”