4.1 Docks of large ships from mods are unusable - modding issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shuulo
x4

4.1 Docks of large ships from mods are unusable - modding issue

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:21

Dear Devs,

First, thank you for the 4.1 patch, it brought huge amount of improvements. Unfortunately it severely broke one thing that i will cover below.

Many non-vanilla L and XL ships added via mods now have broken docks. Around 50% of ships ordered to dock are stuck inside the hull (I will show that on video). Before you say that mod itself is the issue - it all worked in 4.0 with some quite seldom occasions of this happening, then with early betas of 4.1 it was miraculously fixed and never happened (made me very happy). But then in 4.1 beta 5 update it broke again and completely, some code changed in the base game leading to this.

From my many-hours investigation it seems to be the pathfinding issue around big ships, instead of going around or going to first dockpath waypoint they just fly straight to 0,0,0 coord of the ship iteslf, please see the 2 cases below:
1. If I order ships to dock when they are like 3-5 km from the carrier they dock mostly fine (still happens rarely if ship will bump/fly away), here is the video of it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RLLUB7 ... sp=sharing

2. If docking ships are far away instead they will engage travel drive or will just reach high speed, sometimes overshooting/bumping into the carrier. Those ships that stopped few KM from carrier then dock normally, those that overshoot or bump it are getting confused and fly inside the ship, video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sf81Sn ... sp=sharing

This also happens when ship undocks from large ship, after it tries to get inside the ship instead of flying away.
As the path finding code is in C++ there is no way modders can fix this on their own, rendering many big mods broken with 4.1 release, which is not a good thing. Some other modders reported similar issues.

As this is for modding issues I do not provide a savegame, but if there is anything I can do to help investigating this issue, please let me know.

Thank you for your work and time, we all want this game to be the best :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”