X4 Player empire lag

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GodAss

X4 Player empire lag

Post by GodAss » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 17:37

Hello, i didnt have any performance problems while playing, until now. I have one shipyard and a big complex of different wares both full with like 100 miners each, and it started lagging as hell, the game runs smoothly but every 5 seconds the game freezes and goes around 3-5 fps.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4 Player empire lag

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 17:59

If this is reproduceable after a save/load cycle and your game is not modified then I suggest providing a save as the devs may be able to find, and potentially fix, the cause.

If your game is modified then this could be caused by one of the mods. Turning off mods might not fix it.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 18:11

GodAss wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 17:37
Hello, i didnt have any performance problems while playing, until now. I have one shipyard and a big complex of different wares both full with like 100 miners each, and it started lagging as hell, the game runs smoothly but every 5 seconds the game freezes and goes around 3-5 fps.
Have experience that as well. An easy fix is to disable some information from your map, you don't really need to see the path destination from every ship in the game or every transaction of every factory, do you? :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 18:16

I vaguely recall a similar frequent periodic lag issue reported long ago for games with lots of station miners where they all checked for new manager orders at the exact same time. The workaround (not a fix as such) then was to reissue their orders in staggered batches so as to spread the checking spike.

It may be that the new update has reset the clock for all miners and they could all be checking at the same time again. Just a wild theory based on a vague memory though.

EDIT: Merged from X4 Gameplay forum with identical OP thread in Tech Sp
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GodAss

Post by GodAss » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:10

i dont use AI mods or so, only ship packs and some quality life mods, this problem just started after builded two complex and gave 200 M size miners and traders.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:28

Two hundred miners all checking in with their managers at the same time could be an issue.

GodAss

Post by GodAss » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:41

so how i fix?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 11:56

See my first post in the thread - if it is indeed that cause.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”