[4.10] Menu keeps resetting/scrolling to top - Repro case supplied.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sinnerman49
x3

[4.10] Menu keeps resetting/scrolling to top - Repro case supplied.

Post by Sinnerman49 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:12

Anyone having this issue?

I'm trying to modify behavior settings for a ship, any time a menu has enough data in it to warrant a scroll bar, when I scroll down from the top, it keeps jumping back up every 1-3 seconds so I can never make changes quick enough before the window resets. I was thinking it was a joystick setting, so unplugged all that - still happening.

Any ideas?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.10] Menu keeps resetting/scrolling to top

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:19

Do you have a controller plugged in? If so then try without.

Even if no controller, try toggling 'Gamepad mode' in-game and see if that helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:39

Sounds like an issue I had in the beta: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=441915

I don't think there is any input causing it, it seems to be related to updates of the UI.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 20:22

A further vaguely similar type of issue reported here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 22:19

Same problerm with 4.20.
I have no controller, toggled controller (as mention above), did a reset of all settings - none did it. Problem still occurs.
Changed menue size from 0,5 to 1.2 - still no success.
Any more info would be nice.

Some more tests:
- without DLCs - starting a new game (flight school) - same problem, but it took longer before it was scrolling to top. Also, after a change of settings on the bottom (eg. changing a default behaviour) it scrolls to top immediately.
- with DLCs - starting a new game (terran, project genessis) - same problem, now it scrolls to top after around 2-4sec.
- as stated in the faq: (under 'Mouse Cursor moving to bottom of screen'): Emulated Mouse Cursors are deleted - still same problem.
- using the right side for the menue: there it works! So, I selected a ship, went into the behaviour panel. It scrolls to the top. Now I opend it on the right side as well - and there its not scrolling. <- THIS may be a workaround for the time.
- b.t.w a similar problem is within the command panel/menue - if the command menue and its options are bigger than the screensize.

For me, it seems there's a 'counter to reset the possition of the scrollbar' so too speak...

As requested in your fixed post (re techn. requests) - Game setting: unmodded, with-/without dlcs; german, 1920x1080, video 'high'; new games (argon flight school & terran genesis); since update to 4.20 (i never played 4.10 [was not playing since april 2021]); OS: Win10 21H2 (4.00 was played under Win10 1909); no other changes...
By the way - I also tested with/without windowed, other resolutiuon, video and (as mention) menue sizes - nothing helped...

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 13:23

Hi,

At least i found now a reproducible menu flip issue.... save at https://gofile.io/d/MPVT65
You are in front of a freshly boarded Behemoth - go to the map, click on your own ship ("My Drache"), open the info window using the "i" button on the right side of the screen, check the staff on the Dragon, scroll down, everything looks fine.
Now transfer the marines from the Behemoth to the transporter nearby ("My Büffel"), select "My Drache" on the map again, Info window on the right side is still open, click on the staff tab and try to scroll down...you see the names of the staff of of the ship for a second, then the menu jumps back to the top.
Tried this in fullscreen (1920x1080, UI scale set to 1.3) and in windowed mode, the bug only appeared in the info window on the right side, on the left sided window i could not reproduce it, tried it even with both info windows open - left side was stable, right info window was jumping to top.

Hope this helps...
Best regards
WoodyAut

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”