[1403][4.0] Marines all exit via teleporter immediately after spawning on stations - Fix in 4.10 B7 HF2.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bromistaguy
x4

[1403][4.0] Marines all exit via teleporter immediately after spawning on stations - Fix in 4.10 B7 HF2.

Post by bromistaguy » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 03:24

Easy repro steps:

0. Get a ship with a door that lets you exit very quickly after teleporting into it (e.g. a Rapier).
1. Park the ship at a station (I was doing this at a Teladi defense platform in Ianimus Zura IV, though I think I've observed this behavior all over the place)
2. Teleport into to that ship from a different station (teleporting to an already-landed ship is necessary because otherwise, in the time it takes to land, you might miss the marines completely)
3. Immediately leave the ship and run to observe where characters typically spawn

You will observe that, where marines just spawned, they immediately run to the teleporters and use them to disappear, while the service crew loiters and does stuff.

This makes it very difficult to recruit enough marines, especially for people who don't know about this behavior - In the years I've played this game, I spent a lot of time fruitlessly running around stations and only finding service crew, and no marines.

(This is present in 4.0 but in retrospect, I think it's been around since at least 3.0, if not earlier.)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1403][4.0] Marines all exit via teleporter immediately after spawning on stations - Fix in 4.10 B7 HF2.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 13:53

There is an intended fix for this coming in 4.10 release.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1403][4.0] Marines all exit via teleporter immediately after spawning on stations - Fix in 4.10 B7 HF2.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 09:45

Actually it is mostly fixed in 4.10 release as I am now seeing several marines standing around NPC stations in my vanilla game (and also now some captains (not mission-givers) that you unfortunately cannot hire).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”