[FIX][1457][X4 4.00] Invisible Tokyo - still happening in 4.10 - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

[FIX][1457][X4 4.00] Invisible Tokyo - still happening in 4.10 - Fix in a future build.

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 23:39

X4 4.00 HF3 434806, with SV and COH. NoSteam exe.
Win 10, 21H1. NVidia 471.41 Standard, RTX 3070.

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DSUQni ... sp=sharing

I did attack TER Tokyo in Getsu Fune at Gate to AB. Shot the engine first.
A TER Hokkaido did hit the Tokyo. It did probably approach the Gate at travel speed.
The collision catapulted the Tokyo due South-West.

The Tokyo was drifting at about 500 m/s. When I did catch it / it did stop, it was already about 80 km from the Gate.

When I did catch it, it did turn invisible on pilot view (F1) and external view (F2).
It is still visible on target camera (F3). It, and its elements, can be targeted in all views, but there is no collision when invisible.

When visible (F3), the turrets of both ships attack each other. Only when visible.

I did save and reload. Still the same.
I did quit game, restart, and reload. Still the same.

It is possible to kill the ship by using the target camera view. The wreck is visible in normal way.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [X4 4.00] Invisible Tokyo

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 31. Aug 21, 16:42

Loaded save into 4.10 beta and was not able to find the Tokyo nor its wreck. Please check again in 4.10 if te issue persists and report back if that is the case.

MFG

Ketraar

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X4 4.00] Invisible Tokyo - no repro in 4.10

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 19:16

I finally did load the save with 4.10. The hostile TER Tokyo WNP-171 was still 100 metres from my ship and invisible in all but target view. File saved from the 4.10 still contains the WNP-171 and loading that new file ... the ship remains invisible.

A difference to version 4.0 is that after using target view (F3) where both ships are visible and their turrets shoot at the other ship, returning to F1 or F2 view the M-turrets of Rattlesnake (in 4.10) continue to shoot at (invisible and hence lacking collision) Tokyo.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [1457][X4 4.00] Invisible Tokyo - still happening in 4.10

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 12:19

I just had a simliar bug, but in my case it seems that my station couldn't recognize the Xenon K sitting right next to it and killing it.

For context: Creative game start, created hq and terran admin station in savage spur II. When a Xenon K attacked my admin module station i had 1 other ship in station proximity. When my ship died the Xenon K vanished from the map. When looking at the station with F3, the K was still sitting right next to the station. On the map (even fully zoomed in), the station still took damage, but the K was no longer visible. Ships were enabled, i could see mine, it was not a filter or zoom issue. Once another one of my ships managed to get back into radar range of the K, the K became visible again.

I'm guessing stations lost the ability to track hostile ships on the map for some reason. Sadly can't provide a save since i'm running a few of my mods which do not alter stations, combat or anything related in any way.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 21:05

Experiencing something similar to this with KHK Defence Platforms. If I use the F3 target camera they are visible but if I zoom a short distance out they become invisible while they are still quite big as far as screen space goes. Even at <6 km from a Syn being flown in first person they still appear invisible, even though the impact effects from hitting it with main batteries show where one would expect the platform to be (this differs from topic creator who claims the shots are not colliding in their case). I also had one platform which did not do this and was correctly visible from ~6km away.

Also see this a lot with surface elements like the XEN Gravaton turrets on XEN defence modules. From about 6 km away they are often invisible yet can still be targeted by clicking on them

Maybe this has to do with view distance setting? Mine is quite conservative (not max) as my GPU is not that good. This could explain why the topic creator is still able to recreate the issue while other systems might not.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 15:03

This will be fixed in a future update.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”